PDA

View Full Version : turbo with blow through carb

wuffdan
01-06-2007, 07:35 PM
Can I get some pros and cons of using this combo with a 302 chevy and a 4 speed auto in a first gen firebird. I have all the parts except for the carb.

Thanks
Dan

Turbo Hen
01-07-2007, 09:45 PM
I would contact Kevin @ CSU for the carb......his service & product is really beyond exceptional.

I currently use a blow-through system.....drives great on the street & works even better once your foot is down ;)

-Carm

my72vette454
01-07-2007, 10:19 PM
I modified my 750 holley dbl pumper thats on my twin turbo vette and it runs really good. I used these instructions.
http://www.hangar18fabrication.com/blowthru.html

Turbo Hen
01-08-2007, 07:07 AM
Thats a great article as well if you want to tackle the carb modification yourself, i shouldnt of left that out of my other post!

Use a good fuel system as well, you can never shy on that

-Carm

pushrod243
01-08-2007, 06:53 PM
We are using a CSU on my buddies 67 nova it works great ad csu have been over the top on customer service and tech advice

wuffdan
01-09-2007, 04:46 PM
Thanks for all the good info. I am sure that I will be using a dual T-3 set up. I think that it will be cheaper and easier than plumbing exhaust for a single turbo. So I think that I will go the cheap way and try to do it myself.:fingersx: (hope its cheaper)

Dan

Turbo Hen
01-09-2007, 05:42 PM
Definetly the cheaper way lol......now as for EASIER with a single, its possible but i think the outcome is the same.

On another note, KEVIN from CSU just messaged me & follwing up - Hows that for a great product, service & support...hands down CSU!!!!!

-Carm

gtome
04-19-2007, 05:34 PM
What/who is CSU??

Texas Hotrod
04-19-2007, 08:05 PM
Those carbs work great. Alex's car (twin turbo Camaro run-in) has a CSU Holley 850 on it. I can honestly say that the only change I need to make is one step smaller on the low speed air bleeds. It has a slight stumble at very low speed/low rpm at light throttle. Wide open (well, almost wide open. I haven't floored it yet) performance seems to be pretty close. We are installing data logging equipment so air/fuel ratios can be checked. Along w/IAT temps and boost levels.
Something else. If you happen to have a Holley HP series carb laying around, CSU can mod it for you. Lowering the cost of having to buy one of their "cores".
I did pull the bowels off, before I installed it. The secondary power valve looks more like a big jet w/a suction tube pointing bownward and the rear jets have extensions. It looks pretty cool w/the choke horn milled off.
Oh yeah, one more thing. It's not cold natured at all. It will idle w/foot off the gas within a 1 minute warm up.