PDA

View Full Version : C5 cat back??

nbecker
01-05-2007, 02:39 PM
My Zo6 is way to quiet,in need of exhaust. Has anyone heard a system that they liked alot? I want it to sound agressive but not that loud in the car. :hmm:

JChristian1835
01-05-2007, 02:45 PM
Ha, you are asking a question that no corvette owner can agree on. I like borla, B&B, corsa. They all make good exhausts and have a wide range of sounds. What kinda sound do you want? More of a muscle car deep sound or an exotic higher pitch?

zbugger
01-05-2007, 05:35 PM
Ummm..... If you want to actually listen to a real car, come down to Dream Speed Motorsports in San Carlos. The owner, Brian, has a red one that you can hear from at least a mile away. It's LOUD!!! Then there's his buddy with a white Z06 that sounds pretty sweet too, and it's not too loud in the car. If you want info on the shop, send me a PM.

nbecker
01-05-2007, 07:36 PM
I would like a deeper sound.I had slp pro-flo on my camaro it was ok but it rapped out to much when u let off.

WS6
01-05-2007, 08:16 PM
Put headers and cats on the car first. The exhaust will be deeper yet still quiet when cruising. This is good for 25rwhp. I have done a few C5 Z06's like this and the owners loved it. Personally, I think the car should have sounded like this from the factory. It's still quiet enough that you could tell someone that didn't know any better that it was stock. However, you, as the owner, will easily know the difference.

If you want mufflers though, Random Technology makes exhaust systems too. Their C5 system is deep and not raspy at all. Well, unless you run catless then you can run that risk. Don't go to Random though to buy the system. They do not like to sell to the public so they will charge full retail. Where as a dealer like me sells their stuff for much less.

Aside from that my vote is Corsa because I hate drone and Corsa does not drone.

JChristian1835
01-05-2007, 10:45 PM
Yeah but my concern with corsa is it tends to have a higher pitch through the rpms. The random technology stuff is pretty good. I also like the deeper tone. So far my favorite catback without any other exhuast is the borla stingers. Deep and very little drone. Now you could go my route and have no restrictions! LOL my personal opinion on my car is it's just noise. no tone at all and to me sounds like crap. I'll probably be sticking a set of borla stingers or maybe B&B bullets but the bullets are still loud.

Z06vet
01-06-2007, 04:49 PM
If you plan on going with long tubes & high flo cats, try the stock Ti system first. If it's not enough, try the B&B PRT's. I had this setup on my Z06. I tried most of the catbacks out there, but ended up right back where I started with the PRT's. I agree the corsa is too high pitched, at least for my taste. Scott

marine02ss
01-06-2007, 05:02 PM
Put some LG long tubes with cats with x-pipe and Z06 mufflers.It will sound very nice,ny friend has that setup,its sounds mean

JChristian1835
01-07-2007, 05:07 AM
LT headers with x pipe and Z06 catback is pretty sweet sounding. But I'm wondering if he just wants to put a catback on it. I know we all keep saying headers headers HEADERS!!! But he didn't say anything about picking up a set and may just want a good sounding catback on the stock exhaust manifolds and H pipe... just a thought

GBodyGMachine
01-07-2007, 06:22 AM
I Install alot of corsa stuff at the shop I work at. But, You have the Titanium exhaust on there right? If so, do headers and a x-pipe from kooks first. You will like the outcome. And they are not that hard to do.
Jeff

nbecker
01-07-2007, 07:33 PM
Ive been thinking about headers,the only neg is then i have to cheat the smog crap again.Do you think it will sound much louder its really quiet right now? thanks for all the input so far!:headbang:

JChristian1835
01-07-2007, 07:38 PM
Headers bring the exhaust to a whole new level of loud... my car being straight piped was loud before but when I put LT's on it, it actually got twice as loud. Long tubes with an X pipe and the z06 exhaust is actually quite loud at WOT but still quite bearable at cruising speeds...

alstainlessworks
01-10-2007, 01:32 PM
Take a look at our website:

www.stainlessworks.net (http://www.stainlessworks.net)

Our c5 3" catback was used on every c5 to either win the Car and Driver One Lap or finish in the top 10, and is also used on a lot of 9 second c5's. It has a nice deep aggressive tone that you can still live with everyday.

We also make a 2 1/2" chambered system that sounds great and has more of a classic musclecar sound.

If you have questions, email me at [email protected]

Thanks
Al
Stainless Works