PDA

View Full Version : Tall spindle for an 58-64 Impala?

triplecap
01-04-2007, 01:20 AM
I'm getting ready to order disc brakes for my 63' Belair Wagon. I've decided on running the C5 Z06 calipers with 14"/13" rotors from kore3.com. I noticed that the B Body? (late model Impala/Caprice) tall spindle seems to be the hot ticket for a lot of Chevelles and Camaros but I was wondering if it would benefit a full size too? I'm currently running a custom chromoly lower arm with a DA shockwave and Air Ride Technology uppers. I can have uppers fabbed it's worthwhile to have the B Body spindle, I'd just like to make a decision now so I don't have to repurchase the hubs and/or any brackets.

Thanks,
Eric

indyjps
01-07-2007, 06:32 PM
id be interested in seeing some shots of your suspension and any ideas you can feed me. I have 63 imp that im considering building and the front susp needs some help. havent gotten too far into it yet. pm me.

triplecap
01-11-2007, 05:19 PM
There are pics of my 63' on cardomain, maybe one day the car will be worth of being on pro-touring...

http://www.cardomain.com/id/triplecap

I can have the lower arms made for you, the uppers are just ART. Stock spindle for now, and I'll probably keep it that way until GW or SC&C make an upper arm for it.

For running coilovers or shockwaves these arms are the way to go. If you're going with a traditional bag I'd go with ART's lower arms. If you want coil springs stick with the stock arms and just upgrade the bushings. Nobody I know of makes a tubular lower arm that accepts a sway bar except for ART, and that's just for bagged applications.

Unfortunately I've only driven it with this setup for the 6 miles home from the shop. It's getting a new tranny now and I hope to be able to drive it a little more and report back.

PM me for bigger pics if you need more detail.

Eric

61ragtop
03-25-2010, 08:27 PM
Did you ever find any info out on running a tall spindle?

11thhourfabrication
03-26-2010, 10:02 PM
Global west has LCA that have mounts for a sway bar. Just got a set of varishock coilovers from Luke at L&H for the front of my 60 sedan delivery to use with the Global West LCA. I have the same brake setup from Kore3 and they are sweet. Good luck with the tall spindle search, not much out there for the x frame cars.