PDA

View Full Version : Project 67 Duece Update I

DocDave
12-29-2006, 12:05 PM
Just a little update on my 67 Chevy II project. Got the new frame in place so it was time to cut out the ramaining floor and firewall to make room for all new stuff. :woot:

Van B
12-29-2006, 12:39 PM
Looking good. It would freak me out to have a car cut apart that far. Who makes the frame? Or is it custom by OTE?

DocDave
12-29-2006, 01:47 PM
Looking good. It would freak me out to have a car cut apart that far. Who makes the frame? Or is it custom by OTE?
It is freaking me out to cut my car this much apart; that's whay it has taken so long to do.

The basic frame is from A.R.T. (http://www.appliedracing.com/); from there OTE adds the side rails and the custom rear suspension (yet to come).

novanutcase
12-29-2006, 02:02 PM
Scary but satisfying!!!!

OTE Design & Fabrication
01-01-2007, 11:18 AM

The cool thing about cutting them apart is you get to put everything where you want it to be, then you build the floor and firewall around it.

Daves car is ment to be a multi-purpose car. Good ride and handling on the street, put on some slicks and skinnies and run it at the dragstrip. We picked the ART front clip because it will allow Dave to reach his goals and not have to sell his house to pay for it. With a few minor mods the M2 style suspension will get a car around a corner better than most people think.