PDA

View Full Version : Thank You!

popindamos
11-25-2004, 08:51 PM
I've listened to you guys for some time now bicker, argue and occasionally agree on all aspects of building a car, and for a car fanatic like myself, I found it rather amusing. Not to belittle any arguments you may have, I'm sure it's all in the effort of building something very unique. I've saved a lot of time and money listening to you guys bellyache over the trials and tribulations of building your unique vehicle. To keep this short and sweet, I just want to say thank you for sharing on this web site, for allowing someone to benefit from your mistakes and also to share in your car success. This is my first post, although I've watched and listened for the past few years. So I thought I'd share some pictures of what I've been working on to see what you guys think... :icon996: :headbang: click pic if u need glasses and watch out bling blaw :bananna2: :bananna2:

Matt@RFR
11-25-2004, 10:10 PM
Me thinks you went WAY over your attachment limit with all those pictures. Can you host them on the internet and post a link?

TonyL
11-25-2004, 10:39 PM
take all those images over to www.imageshack.us and host em for free and link the full size images back here. We'd love to see um full size. or you can just email them to my pro-touring.com email addy and I'll do it for you.

But from what i can see, great car!

MrQuick
11-26-2004, 11:30 PM
Hey Pop, im so glad you have enjoyed our misery and pain. "When making a crap castle your bound to attract flys"...I have no idea what that means? My neighbor yelled it at me as I was painting my house. But I think its appropriate...welcome to the site, post more even if it seems feeble and enjoy the kitty juggling that goes on here! oh by the way I have no idea where to put this????----> SARCASM :slap: oh yeah, that would make the coolest postage stamp,your picture :rolleyes5

popindamos
12-02-2004, 09:03 PM
depending on your age im pretty sure i could not be that old to earn the name pops but 4 sho ive been pretty amused with the drama here on this site and yes majority of the work done on this car was done in my garage with some help trial and error that im sure u guys know about. 572 bbc d&d 6 speed viper tranny hotchkis suspension front and rear caltracs baer brakes corvette power seats etc etc highly optioned camaro rs ss 68 convert but that still didnt stop me. my protouring itch had to be scratched 

Ralph LoGrasso
12-02-2004, 09:07 PM
Awesome car!! What color is that?

popindamos
12-03-2004, 06:33 AM
thanks! well it started out the 50th anniversary corvette burgandy but along the way my painter created this burgandy wine color and i liked this color about as much plus the price was nowhere near as much so i opted for this all i can say is its burgandy wine! i think he gave me the paint codes sorry i cant be more help ill call him and see if i can be more specific :hammer:

Ralph LoGrasso
12-03-2004, 03:21 PM
Thanks for the response. The color is definitely awesome. I thought it looked similar to the 50th anniversary vette color (or that it possibly was the 50th ann. color). I was actually thinking of using that color for my car a while back before I decided on grey.

SYDEWAYZ71
12-03-2004, 08:50 PM
Sup popindamos! I just recieved an Email from Steve today with about 7 pics of your car and man all I can say is hurry up and get that thing on the road cause I gotta see it!!! BTW I'm Eric, the guy without the 315's in the stock wheelhousing. haha J/k :) Let me know when you wanna hook up. Here's a couple pics of mine.

popindamos
12-04-2004, 08:24 AM
thanks eric your car is way off the chain thanks for the pics. steve said your car was tite and i believed him before i even saw it. but i wanted to see it myself u know how that is. as for the 315s in a stock tub with no mods on a second gen camaro. just couldnt get my mind to except that not that it could not be done but that it had to be one of the best kept secrets on second gens or i was definately getting bamboozled hoodwinked or just plain having my chain pulled. so cant wait to see it in person so i can let the secret out or expose the truth to the world lol j/k

Zefhix
12-04-2004, 12:42 PM
Wow! That sure looks like San Francisco; went to college out there. Your 2nd gen is so beautiful, it makes me want to torch my Chevelle...gorgeous car. 70-73 Z28's are my favorite of all the Camaros. Nice color choice, too.....cortez silver w/ black stripes. Excuse me for a moment-I have to go take care of something.........
:jawdrop:

LS1-S10
12-05-2004, 02:43 PM
Sweet 2nd gen Eric!!! That car looks so much like my '71 i use to own, it made me do a double take. Only difference is the wheels and i had a 4" cowl.....but for some reason i like yours more lol.

DONUTS_ARE_FUN_IN_MY_71
12-07-2004, 12:21 PM
What's up Eric. Car looks great. Looks like you guys talked me in to going the PT route. TREAL SS coming soon! 71 Nova SS

DONUTS_ARE_FUN_IN_MY_71
12-07-2004, 01:01 PM
I had the privlege of seeing your car in person over at Alan's. All I can say is WOW! The only thing wrong with your car is nothing. My friend Eric (sydewayz71) introduced me to the site & I think I have been bitten by the PT bug. My project is a 71 Nova SS (real SS). I have not seen too many 68-72 pro-touring Novas, so this should be fun.

popindamos
12-08-2004, 07:38 AM
yeah your right i have not seen any pro-touring novas around the bay but that is even a better reason to do it in my opinion its a lot more fun when u think u might be first to do it (locally at least) downside is no local support atleast for the most part ive talked to a few shops who claim to be in to pro-touring thing but all i get is alot of jaw jackin and u get the feelin quick they dont have a clue. thank the gods of protouring for this sight or it would be the same old two step quater mile set up granny driving on the way way rpms tacked out doing barely the speed limit but im glad u like my car almost done but i got a 67 rs ss convert as well and now i find myself doing stuff to it instead of puttin the last few things together on the 68 rs ss convert but i will focus and finish soon and maybe all of the locall guys can get together and show there rides and share info.

popindamos
12-08-2004, 07:43 AM
yeah your right i have not seen any pro-touring novas around the bay but that is even a better reason to do it in my opinion its a lot more fun when u think u might be first to do it (locally at least) downside is no local support atleast for the most part ive talked to a few shops who claim to be in to pro-touring thing but all i get is alot of jaw jackin and u get the feelin quick they dont have a clue. thank the gods of protouring for this sight or it would be the same old two step quater mile set up granny driving on the way way rpms tacked out doing barely the speed limit but im glad u like my car almost done but i got a 67 rs ss convert as well and now i find myself doing stuff to it instead of puttin the last few things together on the 68 rs ss convert but i will focus and finish soon and maybe all of the locall guys can get together and show there rides and share info. :3gears:

Steve Chryssos
12-08-2004, 03:15 PM
Is there an echo in here?

Nice ride pop!

Ricochet
12-08-2004, 04:30 PM
Very nice car there Pop!! Where are you located? I grew up in the Bay Area..Now live in Sacramento area.

zbugger
12-08-2004, 07:08 PM
Damn, your car looks good Popindamos. What part of the bay are you in? Some of us local guys are looking to make up a get together one of these days. It would be fun.

popindamos
12-08-2004, 08:07 PM
yeah there was definately a echo in here my bad. right now im livin in oakland but i got to get back home to the other side of the bay soon. im a frisco boy born and raised i got nothing agaist the O much respect love the people and the weather but but liked dorathy said there is no place like home but to get back on track i would like to see somthing put together by the local touring guys around here so we can see the rides and share the woes of our hobby. thanks guys for the compliment on my car i really apreciate it :headbang:

MrQuick
12-08-2004, 11:00 PM
Hey Pop, I remember exchanging threads with you on the old board...I had no idea you were local. Im in Daly City ,have my storage shop in Oakland and my shop is in San Carlos. As far as local PT friendlyshops, there are a few but most are very pricey. Depending on what you want done it could get exspensive. Most labor rates run $75-80 and hour.
Keep in touch cause me and Bugger been talking about putting a bay area PT picnic together in the summer. Maybe in San Mateo. a track day would be nice... we'll wait till everyone has there cars together. hollar

popindamos
12-09-2004, 01:30 AM
whatsup! u could be right about he shops around here but unfortunately for me i met very few shops who could walk the talk although i have not been to every pro-touring shop in the bay the ones i have visited did not seem to be very detail orientated one good thing that came out of it was i had to do it myself and because of the lack of shop support that i found i can say 85 to 90 % of the car is and was done in my garage. with a lot of thanks to u guys on this site info gained here was priceless. im always open to new info if u could recomend any shops would be appreciated what is the name of your shop. oh yeah cant wait to get together with u guys and see all the nice pro-t rides in the bay cuz i dont see many in the bay unless its at a goodguys show. which is not often enough if u ask me :hammer: :headbang: :rotfl: :l