PDA

View Full Version : Nova headache

novahighgear
12-29-2006, 09:27 AM
I have a 70 nova with air, i have searched this forum and was unable to find any information if i can take out the air unit and use a non a/c heater cover inorder to coverthe hole in the engine bay. I dont want to use the heater or defroster, also i cant afford to take the engine out to smooth out the firewall at this point(car is at a friends shop that is lacking space) and i can get the non- a/c cover fairly easily. Any help would be very appreciated.

Fuelie Fan
12-29-2006, 10:17 AM
my understanding is that they are different, and that the stock heater cover will not completely cover the a/c opening. Hopefully someone else can confirm this?

6'9"Witha69
12-29-2006, 01:51 PM
The holes are totally different and the heater cover will not work for the A/C hole. Do you still want the heater to blow? If not then just cut an oversive plate, drill 4 holes to match the holes in the firewall and bolt in (I would actually add a few holes and rivet). If you do want the heater to work I know there is a company that makes an adapter cover but I can't remember who.

CarlC
12-29-2006, 04:05 PM
American Graffiti Magic Box, but installation requires fender removal. If you don't care about air movement then just cover the hole with sheet metal.

novahighgear
01-04-2007, 04:05 PM
thanks guys i think i am just going to have o bite the bullet and take the engine out to smooth out the firewall.