PDA

View Full Version : Stinger Hoods

dws1216
12-28-2006, 05:40 PM
I'm new here and my knowledge of pro touring, car history, and fabrication is limited. I haven't even purchased the car that I want yet, but I will be soon and I figure as much pre-planning I do the better.

What I plan on getting is either a 67 or 68 Camaro and one thing that I know I like and would like to have as I create my pt dream is the stinger hood.

What I understand and what I believe I have learned from reading this forum and others is that there are several different ways to go about having one of these.

1. Find a full fiberglass hood.
concerns of crappy quality and warping)
2. Find a fiberglass scoope and add it to the existing hood. (trying to make it look right, and paint fade issues.)
3. Find an original. (do they exist)

So what I am asking everyone is to tell me what I want. Please share you knowledge and opinions.

Thanks in advance.

Dan

BA.
12-28-2006, 07:21 PM
Welcome dude,

The Stinger style hood does exist and you can get it here:
http://www.glasstek.com/

They do look sweet, I agree with you.

Check this car out, the owner is here on this site. (among other sites I'd imagine)

boodlefoof
12-29-2006, 06:11 AM
Check the Rick's First Generation Camaro catalog. Last time I looked in there, they were selling a variety of reproduction original hoods in steel. I don't remember if they had the stinger though.

For a fiberglass version, VFN has a pretty good reputation. www.vfnfiberglass.com Glasstek does as well.

ProdigyCustoms
12-29-2006, 07:31 AM
The Ricks hood is the same one we sell, it is Fiberglass. Same one as pictured above. they are pricey ($750), but worth it as they are finished top and bottom, show quality and use hinges and latch. they are actually a correct 67 Yenko hood.

dws1216
12-29-2006, 08:05 AM
Any idea how much lighter they are than the metal hoods? And is warping a concern?