PDA

View Full Version : LED rechargeable worklight - very cool

qwik1320
12-26-2006, 08:11 AM
:santa3: Santa brought me a rechargeable LED worklight from Eastwood. Does anyone else have one of these? I haven't used it "in the field" yet to see how durable it is but damn this thing is bright! LEDs are soooo cool!!!

Here's the one I got -
http://www.eastwoodco.com/jump.jsp?itemID=15966&itemType=PRODUCT

yohinan
12-28-2006, 03:10 PM
I bought a Saberlight from the SnapOn truck. A day later I noticed it was made in China. Last week when he came back around I gave it back to him and told him to credit me the funds.

I ordered one of the SnapOn brand LED lights that was like 60.00 more than the Saberlight but it was worth it to me to have the brand name.

Only thing is he couldnt guarantee me that it would not be made in China because he didnt have one in front of him. I am almost positive it wont be made there, but if I get that light and it says made in China I am going to be a bit upset to know that SnapOn is having work done in China. I told him if it was made in China I would still keep it but I will still be perturbed if it's made there.

And just a bit of info that you all may or may not care about. Specifically, I am referring to CARTS only and not boxes. SnapOn is the only tooling manufacturer that I know of to date that is not having their carts manufactured in China. They are still made in Canada. All others (Matco, Mac, Cornwell, etc...) are farming their cart manufacturing needs to China. WTF????

yohinan
12-28-2006, 03:14 PM
I just took a look at the link you provided. It "looks" similar to the Saberlight I got off the SnapOn dude but it's a different color. The Eastwood price is considerable cheaper also. I think that Saberlight I had was 60 or 80 bucs. The light was very bright even in the full sun. Just couldnt bite off the fact that it was made in China.

qwik1320
12-29-2006, 05:06 AM
Unfortunately this light is made in China as well...

yohinan
01-16-2007, 05:25 PM
Well finally got the light from the SnapOn dude. Good news. It is NOT made in China. Not in the USA either but I cant be too picky. It's made just north of us, Canada. So far this is the only LED that I have found that is not made in China. For those that care to know anyway there is the info.

EFI69Cam
01-17-2007, 10:47 AM
Well finally got the light from the SnapOn dude. Good news. It is NOT made in China. Not in the USA either but I cant be too picky. It's made just north of us, Canada. So far this is the only LED that I have found that is not made in China. For those that care to know anyway there is the info.

Nice to know I'm not the only one bugged by all the China stuff.