PDA

View Full Version : ebay speed shop/ deal on headers?

vanzuuk1
12-25-2006, 06:04 AM
Has anyone dealt with white performance on ebay?, their stainless headers are only 150$ and the quality looks great. I could not post a link but its whiteperformance1 on ebay. They have a ton of positive feedback so I may roll the dice and get their water pump and headers.

Opinions?

PS check out the distributer and water neck also.

jpdeuce
12-25-2006, 06:23 AM
I think they have used a different Ebay ID for several years, (skipwhite) and still use it too. They are local to me and are one of our better engine building shops. They have a good reputation for their engines. Their parts are mostly Procomp and stuff.
I think as with most parts you get what you pay for but I have used quite a bit of their low cost stuff. Most of it is ok. They seem to be pretty good to return stuff if the customer is not happy.
Hope that helps.

vanzuuk1
12-25-2006, 06:35 AM
Thanks.With the headers as an example, what would the issue be? They seem nicely finished with a thick straight flange.

What parts have you used?

BonzoHansen
12-25-2006, 09:29 AM
their stainless headers are only 150$ Seems extra cheap, no?

jpdeuce
12-25-2006, 04:11 PM
Like I said most of their stuff is Procomp or comparable. I have used some of their HEIs with about an 80% success rate. I have had a couple go out but I have used several. Water pumps for example have a rough / porous cast finish that is not very good, but they work great. Their stud girdles sometimes need some tweaking but for the money they are a good buy.
As far as the headers go, if I were looking for a show quality GREAT finish and PERFECT fit, without seeing them in person, I would probably pass. If its more of a driver then they might be ok.
I will probably be out their way sometime this week. If you want I could ask to see them and get you a better idea before you buy.

vanzuuk1
12-25-2006, 05:27 PM
This was a thread about the shop in general, why is it in exhaust now?

If you can check their stuff out let me know, thanks.

jpdeuce
01-04-2007, 04:25 AM
I got by their shop today. The guy behind the counter told me they would not clear 1st gens with power steering very well, on 2cd gens the fit is fine.
The set that I actually seen were for a pickup but they were supposedly from the same manufacturer. The finish looked really good. The tube seemed to be ovaled badly on a couple of tubes. From the looks of it they did have a 3/8" flange.

I hope that helps.