PDA

View Full Version : Window crank stud too short for custom made panels

toofun
11-24-2004, 04:37 PM
Hey,

I am in the process of making some custom door panels for my 69 camaro, but ran into a little problem. The panels I am making are thicker than the original ones so when I go to put the original door crank on it, it doesnt have enough length to go on the stud without hacking up the surrounding area. Does a company sell an attachement to go on the window crank stud to lenghten them? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Toofun
Mark

ProdigyCustoms
11-24-2004, 04:57 PM
You can buy the correct regualtors from Camaro vendors. An extension, I am not sure.

camcojb
11-24-2004, 05:07 PM
How much too short are they Mark? If you're using the standard window regulators the deluxe versions were a 1/2" or so longer.

Jody

Steve1968LS2
11-24-2004, 05:09 PM
Power Windows maybe??

toofun
11-25-2004, 03:26 AM
Yea thought of that but power windows can be expensive once you get the kits that are available for the fronts and rears. Look Cool though. I also thought of cutting and welding a filler piece in between. Just thought if I could go about it an easier way I would. The deluxe studs may be longer and could probably work better but where to I get them and how do I install them?

Thanks
MARK
TOOFUN

HILROD
11-25-2004, 06:51 AM
I used standard regulator with deluxe door panels. I cut the ends off the stock ones and drilled tapped the ends. I used ends from another regulator but you could just put a spacer. After I knew it worked I beveled the pieces and welded it all together. The reulators come apart to weld. Frank