PDA

View Full Version : ford c6 stuck in reverse

71dusterdan
12-22-2006, 06:02 PM
Hey guys, anybody know c6 trannies? I bought a truck to tow my duster. It is stuck in reverse, throw the transfer case in nuetral, start then engage t-case and it will drive in reverse. I have heard this before anybody with some ideas. Will i completely rebuild it or is there something else. Thanks Dan

Texas Hotrod
12-23-2006, 06:51 PM
I had a Ford truck that came in the shop and it acted really funny. It was almost like having a trans brake, it was trying to go forward and backward at the same time.
I can't remember exactly what happend, it was many years ago. I ended up rebuilding it.

Jayco_Automotive
01-31-2007, 07:23 PM
Hey guys, anybody know c6 trannies? I bought a truck to tow my duster. It is stuck in reverse, throw the transfer case in nuetral, start then engage t-case and it will drive in reverse. I have heard this before anybody with some ideas. Will i completely rebuild it or is there something else. Thanks Dan

i had that problem at the shop a few weeks ago let me think about it get back to you later

71dusterdan
02-01-2007, 05:45 PM
jayco ,i gave up on anything but a replacement or rebuild, nobody weighed in, i could certainly still use the help. i'm sure i will need some parts from you before it is working. i would just like an idea where to start looking. thanks and i appreciate your time. Dan