PDA

View Full Version : Hey D & M Pozzi

Damn True
12-18-2006, 04:10 PM
You guys still going to Laguna Saturday the 23rd?

Just wondering if I ought to try to convince Kathy to come out.

mpozzi
12-18-2006, 07:54 PM
Depends on the weather . . . I've got all the "ride" slots filled but I'm sure we can find Kathy a seat in something very fun.

Come on down.

MP

buickfunnycar.com
12-20-2006, 07:13 PM
May just see you out there Mary...if I get my holiday cooking done in time!

mpozzi
12-25-2006, 06:03 PM
Hey John,

You missed a great time and hope the action in the kitchen was worth it. Was hoping you'd bring the results out for us to sample.

Had some great laps and turned 1:52's and change. The Kumho's are history but might have one autocross left in them for this weekend. Come out to Marina and see the new Haulmark Edge. Twenty-eight feet of glorious trailer. Merry Christmas to me from me.

Lowend wants to do something for New Year's Eve. You and your better half up to it?? PM me if you can.

Cheers,
Mary Pozzi

:drive::drive::revto9k::revto9k:

buickfunnycar.com
12-26-2006, 11:38 AM
Sounds good Mary...see you on Sunday.

David Pozzi
01-01-2007, 08:40 PM
Here is a clip of Mary chasing another second gen Camaro at Laguna Seca Nov 23, 2006.
http://s117.photobucket.com/albums/o71/davidpozzi/Open%20Track/?action=view&current=MP_Laguna_12_06.flv

Here's a clip of Mary autocrossing, a week after the open track. It's kinda exciting since there was a course worker replacing a cone when she entered the slalom!!!
http://s117.photobucket.com/albums/o71/davidpozzi/?action=view&current=Mary_slalom.flv

JEFFTATE
01-04-2007, 12:50 PM
Clips look great ! Car handles great !
Love the action shots !
Thanks.

David Pozzi
01-04-2007, 09:52 PM
It's getting better and better. This year we changed shocks, added a new exhaust system with X pipe, front brake ducting, better brake pads.

Orngcrush69
01-05-2007, 08:15 PM
Sorry you couldn't show Buttonwillow, due to Dan and I screaming the F bomb all the time. and it being heard on the tape. LOL

Mean 69
01-05-2007, 08:47 PM
Mary, shame on you, I think I saw some soil from the corner worker, you scared the poop out of him!

Car looks to rotate pretty well through the cone section. And, might I add, it's a darned good looking car too! The announcer was funny, couldn't remember what they call them there Camaros.

You two rock.
Mark

David Pozzi
01-06-2007, 07:08 PM
Mark,
It needs just a touch more oversteer to my taste, there are times when the front end wipes out if you push too hard on autocross sweepers. It's a bit soft in roll and the front rises a bit on accel but limiting those factors may make the car more touchy to drive. The concrete we run on is very unforgiving of exceeding the limits, the car will make you look bad if you over drive it. Guess how I know THAT! :drive2:

Upcoming mods will be an adjustable rear antiroll bar, remove .5 deg neg camber on rear axle, possibly delrin bushings for the antiroll bars.

mpozzi
01-06-2007, 07:38 PM
And bigger wheels and tires, stiffer rear springs, etc. . .

Cheers,
Mary Pozzi

mpozzi
01-06-2007, 07:39 PM

There's another track day at Buttonwillow on February 24th (Saturday). Anyone interested????

Cheers,
Mary Pozzi

David Pozzi
01-06-2007, 07:52 PM
I've created a monster!
She's got open track fever!

Orngcrush69
01-06-2007, 09:12 PM
More mods...more mods...I'm with ya Mary!!!:hammer:

Steven
01-08-2007, 12:04 PM
Dave and Mary, will you be going to buttonwillow on the 24th. of February??? And what about Orngcrush69?? I got a kitchen pass and the wife wants to go and get tossed around.

mpozzi
01-08-2007, 07:36 PM
MonteC,

If all goes as planned, we'll be there if the weather's okay. Should be a fun day. CarlC and OrngCrush?? How about it??

We'll have Chevy Central, aka: Winnebago, there and can sleep two more (four if you want to get cozy) on Friday and Saturday nights. BBQ Friday??

Cheers,
Mary Pozzi

David Pozzi
01-08-2007, 08:13 PM
Mary,
There's no way the motorhome will sleep 4 extra people unless they sleep on top of each other! The table converts to ONE bunk, there is an overhead that sleeps ONE more.
David

mpozzi
01-08-2007, 08:38 PM
That's what you think??? We fit eight in there at the Women's Trail Ride.

Pillows . . . those AREN'T PILLOWS!!!!!!!!

And get off your butt and come into the other room if you want to talk about it :seizure::enguard::moon:

Mary Pozzi

David Pozzi
01-08-2007, 10:33 PM
Must be some skinny women!

zbugger
01-08-2007, 11:11 PM
Must be some skinny women!

Or, they're VERY comfortable with eachother.:yeah:

Damn True
01-09-2007, 12:08 AM
That's what you think??? We fit eight in there at the Women's Trail Ride.

Pillows . . . those AREN'T PILLOWS!!!!!!!!

And get off your butt and come into the other room if you want to talk about it :seizure::enguard::moon:

Mary Pozzi

:postpics:

buickfunnycar.com
01-10-2007, 08:43 PM

Cheers,
Mary Pozzi

Tell 'em about the trailer Mary....:yum:

And wouldn't it be cheaper to talk to each other...face-to-face?:hmm:

Orngcrush69
01-13-2007, 09:14 PM
Ya, Dan and I are in. Dan's '68 Camaro should be be back together...and I just need to get that Tranny fluid level correct, so it doesn't puke out so much. I think Davezz28's '73 should be ready also.

CarlC
01-14-2007, 10:52 AM
I'm going to pencil it in. Hopefully I can do some of the needed mods before then.

mpozzi
01-14-2007, 12:30 PM
Hey Dave,

I have a fix for that pesky tranny barf problem . . . five speed.

Cheers,
Mary Pozzi

Orngcrush69
02-06-2007, 08:40 PM
Mary...I know I know, speaking of barf...Dan's C-5 got traded in for an Avalanche, lol

CarlC
02-11-2007, 03:16 PM
Sooooooo......

Is anyone going on the 24th?

David Pozzi
02-11-2007, 04:28 PM
Mary wants to go, but we need to put the rear axle back in her Camaro.

I just had my Tonsils removed thursday, talk about PAIN!!!! Finally doing better today, Sunday but it will probably be next weekend before I will feel good enough to work on her car again.

mpozzi
02-12-2007, 12:32 PM
Sooooooo......

Is anyone going on the 24th?

I haven't entered yet. Don't want to push Dave into the shop before he feels better and this is a job I can't do myself. If the car gets done this upcoming weekend, I'll send it in. If not, there are other track days this year . . .

Cheers,
Mary Pozzi

David Pozzi
02-12-2007, 02:38 PM
Mary, did you read this?
https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27329

CarlC
02-12-2007, 02:40 PM
Mary, did you read this?

Hence, the purpose of my question.

It might be fun to see Craig's new setup.

Damn True
02-12-2007, 02:45 PM
Mary, did you read this?

Dave, if you need a hand working on Mary's car don't hesistate to ask. If I am free I'd be happy to lend a hand.

mpozzi
02-13-2007, 08:53 PM
We're thinking of going to the Pantera event March 3-4 at Willow Springs. Too much to do on the Camaro and Dave's still not up to wrestling around with the rear axle.

Anyone else interested . . . if so, check the Western States section of the Forum.

Cheers,
Mary Pozzi

Orngcrush69
02-14-2007, 08:45 PM
Mary,
Let me know if you're not gunna make the Green Flag on the 24th. Dan's bust'in his butt to try to get the '68 together for you 2 to see.

CarlC
02-15-2007, 12:47 PM
I'm interested. Anyone know the rules for that group?

David Pozzi
02-15-2007, 02:57 PM
Dave,
Mary's thinking of Willow springs now, it's all up to her. I'll start on the rear axle and spring install this weekend. I'm feeling a lot better today, I backed down on the pain medication today and the room isn't spinning as much as it was...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

David Pozzi
02-15-2007, 10:34 PM
I talked to Mary tonight. Button Willow is a better track for us, because it's closer and we like the layout. Now she's left it up to ME! :screwy:

We need to get the rear axle and leafs into the car which can happen this weekend. I did some work on it today.

But she needs new tires which she hasn't ordered yet...

I'm going to tell her to try for Button Willow, - and to get those tires coming.
David

Orngcrush69
02-16-2007, 06:50 PM
Dan's going for sure with the '68, and I'm going with the Chevelle as well. Hope to see ya there! As far as the rear end are you addressing the vibration that was happening at about 65mph?
As far as the tire...please the other Kumho's work fine. lol

David Pozzi
02-16-2007, 08:29 PM
Yes, we were first changing springs to raise the rear a bit. Then while the rear end was out I checked it over. I had added a bit of neg camber, but didn't have the setup bushings coming off the carrier bearing saddles to base measurements off of. I now have those made with an 1 1/4" bar that runs through them to check the housing for straightness. I had too much neg camber in the RH side, plus found I had forgotten to torque the ring gear bolts! A few were tight but not up to torque and some were just finger tight! It's amazing the car ran so many miles without damage!

What happened was when I'd tried to torque the ring gear bolts I found that my torque wrench didn't work in reverse, (left hand threads) - while looking for another torque wrench I got side tracked with something else, I guess I forgot about the whole thing when I got back to working on it, and just went ahead and assembled it thinking it was torqued.

We also found the plastic axle vent was getting cooked and coming loose which caused an oil leak. I tapped the hole for a hose barb fitting. I also tapped the aluminum cover for a temp sender.

On the tires, we run 285/17's on the street on the rear. The track tires are 275's because they didn't have the next size larger. Now they have a 295 for the rear, but we aren't sure they will fit, the taller rear springs should help. We also want to go from 245's to 275's on the front.
I'm pretty sure we will be out of balance front to rear. GW says we won't need a rear anti roll bar. We had one before, so there will be some tuning needed to balance oversteer/understeer, plus what the tire change will do.
David

mpozzi
02-18-2007, 02:56 PM
Dan's going for sure with the '68, and I'm going with the Chevelle as well. Hope to see ya there! As far as the rear end are you addressing the vibration that was happening at about 65mph?
As far as the tire...please the other Kumho's work fine. lol

Hey Dave and Dan . . . doesn't look like we'll be tracking this next weekend but will probably come down to see how you all are doing. If I promise not to puke in your car, can I get a ride??

Too much work left to do on the car and one of the GW upper shackle bushings was a real PITA to get in (took lots of time that we needed to finish the rear suspension).

I might see if there's room at Willow Springs the following weekend but it depends on how much gets done by tomorrow night.

Cheers,
Mary Pozzi

Orngcrush69
02-18-2007, 06:44 PM
That would be great if you two could make it. I fixed the tranny, I hope. I pulled the pan to find out that the dip stick tube was long by an 1 1/2 inches...so I was full by about...oh about a gallon of tranny fulid. lol. (what a dump ass)

Chad-1stGen
02-24-2007, 04:29 PM
Who is hosting the event today and how do I get involved for the next one?

mpozzi
02-24-2007, 06:54 PM
Who is hosting the event today and how do I get involved for the next one?

HI Chad,

Green Flag Driving hosts a lot of the open track days in Central California. Their website is www.greenflagdriving.com and all of the 2007 event dates should be in there.

Hey Dave and Dan,

. . . as you probably figured out by now, we DIDN'T make it down to Buttonwillow. I hope you both had lots of fun and all went well with the cars. Post up your results and can't wait to hear all about the day. On Friday afternoon, I came back from Fresno over 152 and saw all the people going the other way to Buttonwillow.

We had a very productive day and there are two things left for the Camaro. One is to fill the rear axle and the other is to make sure the huge tires don't rub.

Cheers,
Mary Pozzi

Orngcrush69
02-24-2007, 08:03 PM
Hi Mary,
Just a small crowd today(45+/-). The Chevelle ran GREAT! New tires and the Tranny problem fixed! I ran it pretty hard, but I still had to drive it home too, so not too hard.
Dan's '68 Camaro looks great..but new paint don't fix the real problems...and he finally blew the motor. LOL Missed you 2!