PDA

View Full Version : A/C Compressor Bracket

Phillip_L
12-18-2006, 02:50 PM
I know this threat pops up once a month, but I can not find the one I am looking for.

I have a LS2 in a 1969 Camaro with a Kenne Bell blower on top. I am using a Corvette accessory bracket for the driver side and I have a Street & Performance bracket for the A/C compressor. The S&P bracket is great for a N/A car. To reduce belt slip, I have the thing pretty tight. Some of the hardware has already failed once. The belt also tries to walk off from time to time.

I feel the compressor is flexing, because of the way it is supported. Who is the other company that makes an A/C bracket? I saw it on a posting. It looked like it was made out of steel plate and used a factory style tensioner.

Thanks

Phillip_L
12-18-2006, 03:27 PM
Before someone recommends the new ATS brackets, I already called them. That system is meant for a N/A car and would be very difficult to adapt to work with a twin screw blower.

TitoJones
12-18-2006, 06:32 PM
Phillip-

Good talking with you today. I'm sad to say our Sidewinder performance accessory drive will not work with forced induction engines, as there is no where to route to extra pulley.

I did find this bracket though. check post # 8 for the contact info of the guy.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=477726&highlight=A%2FC+bracket

Hope that solves your problem. Let me know if we can help in the future.

Tyler

Phillip_L
12-19-2006, 06:45 AM
Thanks for the help Tyler. That's exactly the one I was looking for. Hopefully this one helps the problem.

I wish ATS had a solution, because then I would know it is money well spent. I have tried the cheaper solutions a couple of times on this car and ended up with an ATS product in the end.

Phillip

Phillip_L
12-19-2006, 10:58 AM
I ordered the backet this morning from Performance Automotive. We will see how it works.

jannes_z-28
12-22-2006, 01:35 AM
Here is a bracket I saw on SEMA, I don't know who makes it.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2006/12/DSC_4764JPG-1.jpg

Jan

Phillip_L
12-22-2006, 06:27 AM
That bracket is alot like the S&P bracket with only a turn buckel supporting the top of the compressor. I also hearing that some of my problems could be because the belt tension is fixed with this design. Katech and other recommend spring loaded tensioner with a blower.

Phillip_L
01-05-2007, 06:56 AM
I got the bracket in and it look great. I will install it this weekend and see how it fits and how the belt tracks.

Patrick
02-04-2007, 06:38 AM
How did the bracket work out for you??

Also, did you get the 2.6L (H or S verion) Street Rod kit? KB also shows a 2.8L --but they dont really talk about it--do you have any info? Sorry for all the questions but I am really leaning toward the KB.

Thanks
Patrick

blackwidow
02-05-2007, 10:57 AM
is it me or is that ac compressor look small. mike

Phillip_L
02-07-2007, 03:22 PM
Sorry, I did not see this post pop up to the top. We have already talked about the blower sizes offline.

The A/C bracket is working great. If anyone wants to buy a used S&P setup, let me know. $60 + shipping and it yours. It worth that in spare parts. For N/A car, it's a great solution. For a blower car with A/C, I would go with Performance Automotive.

PhillipM
10-16-2009, 10:19 AM
Sorry to dig up this old post but I started a new one and then found this one... You have done exactly what I was thinking about, only I am wanting to go with a Maggy. Does Performance Automotive still make this mount? And if so do they have a website? Thanks Phillip!

By the way, killer name! haha