PDA

View Full Version : couple efi questions

67ragtp
12-17-2006, 04:54 PM
I think Ive decided to send my motown single plane manifold to wilsons for the injector conversion and fuel rails. Would it make sense to have them drill the plenum for an air temp sensor and mount it in the runner?

Do the rails when installed usually allow enough room for throttle linkage?

The manifold choice has been my biggest decision with the selection of efi parts so far, Im using the motown manifold with carb now and I guess a super vic converted would be the only other choice. Just not sure what manifold is best, and what requirements the manifold needs, in terms of sensors?

Which msd distributor would be best for a batch fire system and with this type is there still a lot of timing control through the ecu?

Bare with me Im learning, but willing to jump in.
Thanks Rich
427 BM sb

EFI69Cam
12-17-2006, 05:50 PM
I think Ive decided to send my motown single plane manifold to wilsons for the injector conversion and fuel rails. Would it make sense to have them drill the plenum for an air temp sensor and mount it in the runner?

Do the rails when installed usually allow enough room for throttle linkage?

The manifold choice has been my biggest decision with the selection of efi parts so far, Im using the motown manifold with carb now and I guess a super vic converted would be the only other choice. Just not sure what manifold is best, and what requirements the manifold needs, in terms of sensors?

Which msd distributor would be best for a batch fire system and with this type is there still a lot of timing control through the ecu?

Bare with me Im learning, but willing to jump in.
Thanks Rich
427 BM sb

The air temp sensor should go in the air cleaner. Wilson has set up many manifolds, I'm sure there will be no trouble clearing the linkage.
F.A.S.T. sells Wilson TBs I got the 4150 model, its nice.

ProdigyCustoms
12-17-2006, 06:14 PM
Why do a Holley intake and fuel rail kit? Have it in a couple days, same money,and just as good? For $550 you can get a single palne intake, fuel rail kit including crossovers, and fuel pressure regulator. You will spend this much doing it the hard way.