PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to Turkey Run??

ryans67deuce
11-23-2004, 02:26 PM
Any of you Southeasterner's heading to Daytona this weekend for the Turkey Run?? Where's everyone hanging out at???

Ryan

protouring70
11-23-2004, 02:59 PM
Hey, I want to tell ya, that is an awesome place to go. We have been going for the last couple of years. Unfortunately, this year I don't have my car done. A bunch of our friends are going though. We all stay at the RAMADA beside the Track and then at night we go out on the strip and cut up with everyboy.
I hate that we aren't going, it's just not the same if your don't have a car.
Have fun!
Brent :guilty:

Bill Howell
11-23-2004, 04:40 PM
I'll be there Thursday thru Sunday. Track during day Laplaya at night. Cell is 865.850.8228 I look forward to meeting some of ya'll. Frank, I'll take you up on that beer- how about somewhere on main street? Call me!

steve g
11-24-2004, 03:31 PM
I'm heading over on Friday. I've never been there before so I'm excited about it. The bolt-in irs for first gen f bodies is supposed to be unveiled in Eckler's 69 Camaro so I'm anxious to see it.

pushrod243
11-24-2004, 07:25 PM
I'll be there leaving tomm if the weathers nice. Call me I got the Ecklers hookup. We will be at Laplaya every nite. 407 619 0462. They havent said much about it but it should a nice piece.

John

67 caprice
11-25-2004, 04:39 AM
I will be there Fri & Sat. My car is not ready, and I'm stuck riding in my buddys 64 Impala
409 409.

Russ

Bill Howell
11-28-2004, 03:52 PM
Just got home. The guys at Ecklers Friday knew nothing about the irs but I did see it at the Blue Moon car tent. Walter was very helpful and said he would update his website(www.BlueMoonCars.com) to include a page on the piece. They also offer tubular a-arms for 78-87 malibus that let you use your original brake stuff.I believe he said that parts depot would also be distributors for the irs.

steve g
11-29-2004, 06:13 AM
I'm not sure why Al, the owner of Blue Moon was calling it Eckler's camaro. I guess because it is supposed to be featured in an upcoming article in their publication. I met the guy that owns it, Allan Albee, and he's a technical editor for Classic Chevy International, which I've been told Eckler's bought. Sorry for the confusion. Look for it in some upcoming articles, and Al promised me some photos as soon as they're released.

pushrod243
12-01-2004, 06:47 PM
heres some pics of the Blue Moon/Ecklers independent rear suspension from Daytona :cool:

Bill Howell
12-01-2004, 07:24 PM
Pushrod,
That is a sweet looking unit. I don't know how they would do it, but I wish they could reroute the exhaust. I hate pipes under the rearend. Clearance will always be a issue with them run that way. Nice unit though.

ProdigyCustoms
12-01-2004, 09:51 PM
I have been hearing about this IRS set up for months now, only to find out now it is Alan's car, LOL! That car is really one of the founding fathers of pro touring. Alan did that thing in 93? or so with IROC dash, tuned port, etc. It is getting a bit rough around the edges, because he drives the crap out of it. Super nice guy. I have not seen him in a year or so, I will give him a call this week and get the low down. It does not look like a high HP piece though. the fact that it bolts in is cool, but I do not see immediate advantages over the Corvette stuff.
I am sure that the Ecklers association came up due to his connections. A year or so back. Ecklers bought Classic Chevy International, which had bought World Wide Camaro, which had taken over the liabilities of the US Camaro Club.

68protouring454
12-07-2004, 06:33 AM
looks cool , but the exhaust is killing me, i did not see a mandrel bend within 3 miles of that thing

Steve68
02-10-2005, 04:00 AM
I also know Allen, super nice guy, I didn't like any of Blue Moons Parts, looked like all stock bolt in replacement stuff,nothing built for our needs, and the IRS is a Ford unit, I didn't like any thing about it, but Allen's car is really nice, like Frank said, he drives it, I actually saw some rust on it!, I didn't think that many people would be going there, Last year I was supposed to hook up with D-touring, but I had S-10 problems, Maybe the spring fling, Steve

Tiger
02-10-2005, 12:55 PM
I to know Allan, he is a long time friend of my best friend from Norway.
Me and this Norwegian friend went to Florida last March (he goes every year but for me it was the first time ever to the USA)
My first meeting with Florida was four hours in the airport waiting for my buddy which came from Norway and then a taxi ride to Allans place to pick up this Norwegians friends car.

We spent some time together with Allan and his Anne and had great fun.
We actually emailed last week after a long time and he told me that the IRS we talked about in march was in now and the ride was great.
I'll email him the thread and maybe he could comment by himself.

Ciao
André

Steve68
02-10-2005, 01:04 PM
That would be great to get Allen here on the site, Did you enjoy FLA, Andre' Later Steve

Tiger
02-10-2005, 01:23 PM
I have already mailed him but he is a busy man right now, changing job.
Florida was the best and I'll go back, it was great, great fun.
I was a bit disapointed when I realized that the gators didnt walk around in the streets as I thought.
On the last night before leaving I told my buddy that I wouldn even think about leaving Florida without seeing a gator, so right before going to the airport we went to gatorland, holy crap! those are amazing!
I enjoyed the Gatornationals allot but Daytona!! thats my all time favorite! the big swap inside the track, the beach, the chicks (it was springbreak), the nightlife. thats my place!
we also tried those dragsters on rails, it was cool because I won over my buddy who has a real dragster (I'm the mechanic).
That a... called me at the beginning of this week to tell me he would go this year as well, I cant this year, but maybe next year.

Ciao
André