PDA

View Full Version : BRP r&p steering for 1gen. Pros and cons ?!?!

Bowtie racing
12-15-2006, 10:04 AM
Just found this one https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

Looks really tight and clean installation.Away from headers and oilpan. Does anybody know how it works? Bumpsteer ? etc
http://www.brphotrods.com/

Thanks!:drive2:

Bowtie racing
12-18-2006, 11:06 PM
Cmon guys...:confused:

jsconiers
12-19-2006, 09:34 AM
repost:
I purchased the kit. I bought it because I know of some one that has the kit. My kit was completely done by BRP and came assembled. They took a stock sub-frame sand blasted it, jig re-in forced all welds, put in tunnel tub for steering shaft, rack tabs, motor mounts, cross member, sway bar brackets, PPG DP epoxy primer and GM black or what ever color you want. I bought their bracket for the ls1 f-body brakes and mailed them my own ls1 brakes, original hubs and spindles, plus new tubular upper and lower control arms, and qa1 coil overs. They assembled and shipped out to me.

The only complaint, and this is not my complaint, but I was told the cross member for the T56 could have been done better. They were comparing it with a ATS cross member I believe. Again, it didn't bother me because it worked.

It saved me a lot of time and effort. Price was decent for the work. I cannot give you performance info because I haven't "run" **my** car. I can tell you that the car that this was on when I made my purchase drove very well and I thought he had a "real" after market sub frame but he didn't. He's a member on this forum so I hope he sees the post. For what it's worth I chose it over Wayne Dues c4 setup (I was going with originally).

Now that I'm coming to near the end of my project I can say that I wouldn't have went with anything else. I would have been tempted by Detroit Speeds new sub frame (or Waynes c5) but it would have been way more costly. If you have specific questions I could answer them. I have before and after pictures BRP supplied me with so I could document the build.

jsconiers
12-19-2006, 09:43 AM
There are several people over on ls1 tech that have used this kit. If your a member post in the "conversions" forum and you should get a much larger response. Or you could also search that forum. When I was looking for something for my swap several people chimed in and even had a few guys local. You can also contact phil Brewer and ask him any questions.

jfman
12-19-2006, 12:22 PM
I have seen those being made when I picked up my Abody t56 x member. They use a 4th gen R&P