PDA

View Full Version : Rebuild TH-350

ringojcp
12-13-2006, 06:19 PM
So I've decided my next step in my diy is to rebuild my turbo 350 tranny. Now, what I've decided since I'm not going for mad crazy performance is to buy and advance auto kit. What do you guys think honestly? should it work for a while just so that i can learn how to do this.....and i guess if you guys don't hear back from me, i'm dead under my car :smashcomp

V8bug
01-23-2007, 10:34 AM
i just rebuilt my th350 this december, all in all it was not very hard. I bought the th350 handbook (from summit) and it went through everything. As long as the trans is operational all you do when rebuilding it is replace bushings, bearings, seals and clutches. I bought my rebuild kit from Dr. evil transmission and it had everything. I would say go for it. I also ended up buying a cheap press from harbor freight, which makes bushing replacement extremly easy

Jayco_Automotive
01-31-2007, 07:07 PM
So I've decided my next step in my diy is to rebuild my turbo 350 tranny. Now, what I've decided since I'm not going for mad crazy performance is to buy and advance auto kit. What do you guys think honestly? should it work for a while just so that i can learn how to do this.....and i guess if you guys don't hear back from me, i'm dead under my car :smashcomp

i can get you a better grade kit from transtar industries they include the option of hi-energy clutches, bands kolene steels....advance parts suck.