PDA

View Full Version : Best Remote Car Starter?

69TAPoser
12-08-2006, 06:16 AM
Seeing how I will be tying-up both bays of our 2-car garage this winter with my project, I figure a remote car starter for my wife's Volvo wagon would make a great gift (and maybe make my project a little more tolerable through the long New England winter). :spank2:

Any recommendations on a good one? I have seen the fancy one's that have the screens on the remote, but I really don't need an alarm or a really fancy one. Not looking to land the space shuttle with it. :geek:

Something I could install myself would be an added bonus but not mandatory.

Thanks for the help,

Phil

Bow Tie 67
12-08-2006, 06:32 AM
I have installed a Bull Dog once, it worked, but I'm not sold on it enough to put one in my car. They are cheap, but it did work most of the time.

Don't forget to brush the snow of your wifes car also. That goes along way in keeping the peace, especially when your, most likely, non-running toy is taking up a perfectly good spot for her car. :)

Matt

stealth71
12-08-2006, 06:41 AM
the12volt.com forum has some good security info. I was looking at commando alarms. A lot of people like them and they are made in the USA. There are a couple other companies, but most require professional install. I personally like DIY products.

http://www.commandoalarms.com/itmidx10.htm

shmoov69
12-09-2006, 08:09 PM
I have the same Q for my 06 Powerstroke! Any avaliable for diesels? Are they prone to problems?
The Tahoe I just sold had a bulldog one on it when I got it and it never gave me a bit of problems, other than the remote didn't work all the time.

dropit69
12-09-2006, 08:54 PM
weve installed alot of them ..ungo is made by clarion co..a huge car stero company..very good systems..could also get on cructhfield.com and check some out great co to deal with..alot of newer cars need a key near the ignition to start ..so you have to buy a blank key and tie it up under the dash ..not sure aboput volvos though..if you call cruthfeild they can tell you all that stuff..hope this kinda made sense..lol

hotrdblder
12-09-2006, 09:24 PM
dei, 2 way remote start. done
wife ha sone andd she can start her car from inside her work, 1/4 mile away works great, on top of being alot easier on the tranny/motor when its 10 degrees out

OHCbird
12-09-2006, 11:58 PM
Any recommendations for a 2006 F-150? What other stuff will I need; I just want the remote start & A/C control function (as well as the dome lt control). I had looked at the FD-870... any experiences with these?

quadfather
12-10-2006, 06:06 AM
dei . (DIRECTED ELECTRONICS INC.) is what most of the high end shops install. i have one in my pick-up it works flawlessly.