PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving

Bill Howell
11-22-2004, 04:47 PM
Well, it is about that time. I am loading up and heading to Daytona tomorrow so I will not be around for a few days. I really have enjoyed this site and want to wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving Thursday. Remember to enjoy it and be thankful for all we have.Don't eat too much and I'll see ya'll next week.......

pushrod243
11-22-2004, 06:10 PM
See you in Daytona ill be in the black 502 Yenko clone Nova. Leaving after t-day dinner with the family.

Ralph LoGrasso
11-22-2004, 07:13 PM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

ProdigyCustoms
11-22-2004, 08:43 PM
I can't wait myself. Resting my feet in advance, LOL! Look me up guys. I will out Friday and Saturday night, around Blockbuster at Belair Plaza and on the streets with the street racer. Belair is north towards Ormand Beach, accross from the Laplaya hotel. The street racers, amoung others, will be in the plaza. Call me if you would like to grab a beer, four O seven 832 1752.
Or look for one of these Camaro's, if you find one, you will probably find me.

Frank

PS pushrod, where are you in Central Florida?

http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=09B0000M000063&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1&d=0

http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=09B0000M000069&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1&d=0

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

pushrod243
11-22-2004, 08:57 PM
frank

i sent you a pm i live in apopka and my shop is in sanford. we will be at the laplaya ill look for you.

John

protouring70
11-23-2004, 03:08 PM
Hey we were down there last year. And you talk about the street racers! WOW! There was an RX-7, it wasn't the newest body style but the one before it. Man you want to talk about something fast, WHEW!!!!
We went out late one night and was playing :3gears: that guy took us by complete suprize. He had these tall, almost mudd grip tires, a fishing pole in the passenger seat and we never thought it would run like that.
It was an incredible night to say the least!
Have fun!
Brent

ProdigyCustoms
11-23-2004, 07:03 PM
That is a buddy of mine Rob. that thing will reach out and touch someone. Runs it on Pep Boys 60 series radials, and picks pockets all the time. Car hooks ok, but runs killer MPH.

protouring70
11-24-2004, 03:33 PM
Hey Frank,
Were you out that night when everybody was out racinglate one night. If I remember correctly it was somewhere on the back streets behind the RAMADA Hotel. All I remember was that there was a ton of cars. We tried to pull off on the side of the road and all I seen was car after car. It seemed like there was at least 120 cars. But there was some nice cars out that night. And later the cops came.
Just trying to remember how fun it was and what I am going to miss.
Brent

ProdigyCustoms
11-24-2004, 04:52 PM
If there was racing, we were out, But not with the car. I never go to a street race with the car. I put the car away and went in the truck. Florida can bust you for watching, and when they pull up and see a car that looks like mine, there is no way to convince them we are not there to race.
I will grudge race at the track anytime. I do not street race my car. I made a promise to myself and the family not to street race as the car is to fast to race on the street. Some stoplight play on motor is one thing. I full out 150MPH nitrous pass on a bumpy tree lined two lane road in the woods door handle to door handle, not me. But I love to watch, bet, instigate and negotiate, LOL!
There is always racing at the Turkey Run and the Easter Run, some races are arranged already. They usually do not happen until late, LATE and usually we try to loose followers that are not involved or in the scene. If you are down next time, we can hook you up.

protouring70
11-24-2004, 05:20 PM
I tell you what, the playing around out on the strip from red light to red light is just too much fun! And from what I have seen, the cops aren't all that strict on the playing around.
I think it was the year before last, we were out at the airport. And there was this Nova, like a late '70's, that raced a guy that is around my hometown. That was a good race but it was scary when the guy in the Nova lost his drive shaft. Luckly, no one was hurt.
Do ya'll have alot of street racing going on down there?
And yes, I hope my car will be done next year and I would enjoy meeting up with you.
Brent

ProdigyCustoms
11-24-2004, 05:59 PM
If it was the red 76 Nova, it would be John's car. John will race at the drop of a hat, travels and races. That thing hooks on dirt roads. The Daytona boy's are known for building stuff that hooks in mud!
We don't have as much racing in the street as we used to. We put together a cool event we call the No Bull Nationals we do every couple months. We all meet at a choosen spot, do a 20 mile or so cruise to the track on a Funday. Go straight the the staging lanes with no tweaking except tire pressure, throw all out names in a hat, draw um and run um heads up, no times. Last man standing wins the pot. Pot can vary from $500 minumum and up. It is a lot of fun, we get 25 to 50 cars.
That Nova was in the finals against this Orange Convertible

http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=09B0000M000063&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1&d=0

Damn what a race! On the street it would have been an argument over who won, good thing the track has a win light. The Orange car won.

Next No Bull is December 12.