PDA

View Full Version : Shorty headers worth it?

Rubes
12-06-2006, 09:33 AM
Do shorty headers make a difference on an LS1 vs the stock manifolds? I'm putting my LS1 in mt '61 Impala, and doubt Iwill be able to find any long tubes for it without being cusome made.

Rubes

camcojb
12-06-2006, 12:34 PM
Do shorty headers make a difference on an LS1 vs the stock manifolds? I'm putting my LS1 in mt '61 Impala, and doubt Iwill be able to find any long tubes for it without being cusome made.

Rubes

Very little in my opinion. The LS1 manifolds aren't bad.

I'd save the money for something else.

Jody

pist0lpete
12-06-2006, 12:56 PM
The shorties will gain little to no power over stock manifolds. If you are doing it for looks then go for it. Also, you may want to consider Z06 manifolds they are good for a few hp and some torque.

andrewb70
12-06-2006, 01:06 PM
Rubes,

If you want to go with the Z06 manifolds, I have a set. I can bring them when I come to Chicago.

Andrew

Rubes
12-06-2006, 02:52 PM
Thanx guys. What would you want for those manifolds Andrew?

andrewb70
12-06-2006, 02:59 PM
Thanx guys. What would you want for those manifolds Andrew?

Hell...I have no idea. Jody, do you know what a fair deal on a set of C5 LS6 manifolds is? BTW, these are brand new. Never had exhaust through them.

Rubes, you may want to do a little searching on LS1tech for pictures to make sure these will work in your chassis.

Andrew

Rubes
12-06-2006, 03:03 PM
LOL...sound too expensive for me :naughty:.

camcojb
12-06-2006, 03:20 PM
Hell...I have no idea. Jody, do you know what a fair deal on a set of C5 LS6 manifolds is? BTW, these are brand new. Never had exhaust through them.

Rubes, you may want to do a little searching on LS1tech for pictures to make sure these will work in your chassis.

Andrew

Sorry Andrew, no idea.

Jody

WS6
12-06-2006, 03:24 PM
You have no idea how many sets of manifolds I have chunked, regular and Z06's. The only people I know willing to buy them would be SCCA type racers that must stick to factory peices. Honestly, just ask whatever you want for them. It's better than nothing.

andrewb70
12-06-2006, 06:29 PM
You have no idea how many sets of manifolds I have chunked, regular and Z06's. The only people I know willing to buy them would be SCCA type racers that must stick to factory peices. Honestly, just ask whatever you want for them. It's better than nothing.

Sounds like they are worth about a couple of rouds of drinks...LOL:cheers:

Andrew

Rybar
12-06-2006, 08:18 PM
Rubes, If you are interested I will be pulling out my S&P shorties in about a month and selling them, they are for a 67-69 Camaro with stock steering. Reason is I'm switching to 1-3/4 LT's

I also have a set of '02 manifolds if you are interested.

Rubes
12-07-2006, 04:22 AM
Thanx guys...looks like I'll stick with the stockers for now. This is NOT a performance build, and my first attempt at a "budget" project. Besides, I'll have to make custom ones later when I put the dual turbos on it...(did I hear someone say "budget"...yeah right!!!) Andrew...drop me a line or ring when your in town, and maybe we can meet up for dinner or something if ya got time.