PDA

View Full Version : On TV tonight

ProdigyCustoms
12-05-2006, 08:00 AM
Dear Industry Professional:
Set your Tivo for Tuesday, Dec. 5, 8-10 p.m., as The Learning Channel (TLC) kicks off two hours of SEMA programming. With host Steve Watson featuring highlights and interviews from the Show floor, TLC will celebrate the industry's great products, personalities and technology with "SEMA - The World's Greatest Car Show" at 8 p.m.
Then at 9, it's a one-hour Overhaulin', featuring Chip Foose and his crew building their third annual SEMA Show project.
The two-hour block repeats later that evening at midnight. For more SEMA coverage, visit TLC's website at www.turbo.com (http://www.turbo.com/).
Sincerely,
Peter MacGillivray
SEMA VP, Marketing and Communications

whytry
12-05-2006, 08:19 AM
I got that email too! I will TIVO that.....

96Z28SS
12-05-2006, 04:01 PM
I also got the e-mail.
I just can't understand why SEMA wants all this media exposure and bill it as "The World's Greatest Car Show", but yet turn the public down if they want to go see it.

CraigMorrison
12-06-2006, 05:57 AM
I also got the e-mail.
I just can't understand why SEMA wants all this media exposure and bill it as "The World's Greatest Car Show", but yet turn the public down if they want to go see it.

Because maybe this will be people's only opportunity to see this show.

96Z28SS
12-06-2006, 09:32 AM
Because maybe this will be people's only opportunity to see this show.

You did a good job on TV Craig.

The host just seemed to be way out of place, wasn't he the host of Monster House? he is a carpenter, it looked like he was struggling, he didn't know what to say or ask.

I think it will make more people want to come to the show. Saying its the Worlds greatest car show sure does make it more enticing to want to go.

Bow Tie 67
12-07-2006, 05:48 AM
I know I would love to go.

Two years ago my girlfriend went to Vegas with her friend, which just happened to be when SEMA was going on. So she gets back and has all these stories, turns out her friend knew someone big with a parts supplier. ( what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas ) To this day I don't know which company it was, but they were wined and dined on company cards for the three days they were there.

" and we met Jay Leno, and saw Ben Aflec, and oh yeah this car thingy and that car thingy "

It drove me nuts! :hand: