PDA

View Full Version : Help on weird adapter for my Pro Toplines

Rick Dorion
11-22-2004, 08:27 AM
My Pro Toplines are drilled and tapped for 5/8"-18 fittings for the temp sender holes which is not what I expected. Sooo, since my existing sender is 1/2" NPT, is there an adapter made? Also a plug for the unused side rather than using a bolt with sealer?

boodlefoof
11-22-2004, 11:12 AM
Hey Rick (haven't gotten home yet to tell you about my spark plugs) I just got used some brass pipe plugs on mine. I put my senders in the intake manifold, and for one had to use a brass fitting adapter to get the right size. You can find these pieces at most home improvement/hardware stores.

Matt@RFR
11-22-2004, 11:13 AM
I'm almost positive that that's a standard thread for water temp adapters. (http://hp.autometer.com/products/accessories/temperature_adapters/temperature_adapters.html)

Rick Dorion
11-22-2004, 11:24 AM
Thanks, John - the plugs I've seen are NPT; the head has a normal 5/8"-18 threaded hole. The NPT will only screw in about one turn.

Thanks, Matt - hard to tell. I'll call them. I'd like to do this as cleanly as possible.

Matt@RFR
11-22-2004, 02:07 PM
Yeah, call AutoMeter and Pro too. 5/8-18 coralates to a -7AN thread, so they may be making their own adapters to fit that thread.

AutoMeter makes some really nice anodized aluminum adapters, as well as others, that are about as clean looking as it gets.