PDA

View Full Version : My 69's EXTREME MAKEOVER

WanabeFASTby50
12-03-2006, 06:37 PM
Hello everyone ! I have to tell you that I never had any use for, or even any intrest in this internet stuf until a buddy got on this site and told me to read . now im hooked. im learning to type as fast as my 2 fingers will let me. back in the day i had a 71 camaro with goodies from a wrecked 69/Z28 -DZ 302 itwas quick. igot maried and had to sell the 71 about a year later the kids started comming and i had to sell the DZ motor/4 speed and 12 bolt that i saved to put in a 69 someday! looking back i wouldnt change a thing about18 years later i was able to save a 69 rs ss from the chopping block of a guy that cutsem up and sells parts i drug it home and pushed it in the garage the wife and kids laughed and said it will never run . i spent the next weekend taking off as much as i could .........and havent touched it since then. now the kids are grown up and we have a grandaughter i turned 49 last year and told my wife now its our time to play! in may she picked up her 06 black soulstice.. i have never driven a car that corners like that! and that 5 speed is a BLAST !I thought about buying a late model camaro until i read what you guys are doing to make your 1st gens handle .now i want to finish what i started a long timeago and make it handle. This last month I found a low mileage LS1/4L60E, have bought body steel, found out about GP store and talked with Frank and ordered my DSE quadra link/mini tubs/frame connectors/stage III speed kit and more. My plan of attack, ask alot of questions, buy alot of parts and spend the next 6 months in the garage. Any advise help would be appreciated, thank alots guys. Bruce

Van B
12-03-2006, 07:14 PM
Welcome aboard Bruce. There is a wealth of knowledge around here. The search function should become your friend, because most any question you may have about putting an LS1 in a first gen have probably been discussed here. If not, there are lots of people willing to help.

WanabeFASTby50
12-04-2006, 04:24 AM
THANKS JEFF! Ihave set a sept. 22 07 deadline to be running and on the street. time to get started !! Bruce (somanyparts-solittletime)

David Sloan
12-04-2006, 04:35 AM
Welcome aboard!!!
Sounds like your off to the right start with the DSE parts they are top notch. Hope we can help!
Just ask any ?s you need an we will be glad to help!!

Rybar
12-04-2006, 10:22 AM
Welcome Bruce, sounds you are are on your way with a nice project. Post some pics as you progress on it.

Diognes56
12-04-2006, 12:10 PM
Sounds like a cool project :cool: . Welcome to the board :) .

David

Ralph LoGrasso
12-05-2006, 08:53 PM
Welcome aboard, Bruce. Sounds like a cool project, keep us updated.

jsconiers
12-05-2006, 09:19 PM
There is a lot of information on www.ls1tech.com in the conversions section. The majority of the stuff on my 68 I got from there. Check out BRPhotrods.com and t56kit.com as well. Great sites for ls1 mod products.

6'9"Witha69
12-06-2006, 09:15 AM
Welcome aboard Bruce.