PDA

View Full Version : Anyone order a DC Control fan controller lately? Did you actually receive it?

dhardison
11-28-2006, 05:48 PM
My Dad ordered a DC Controls FK-35 digital fan controller over a month ago (via their web site - http://www.dccontrol.com/), paid via PayPal, but still hasn't received it. Emails aren't being answered either.

Anyone have a contact number for them?

Rubes
11-28-2006, 06:11 PM
Yeah...I wasnt impressed with their slowness and lack of response when I orderd mine last year too. Took over a month and no replies to emaills. I did eventually get it though...good luck.

I think "gmachinz" on here sells them, so maybe he can help ya out somehow.

dhardison
11-28-2006, 06:27 PM
Thanks, I did a WHOIS search on the dccontrol.com domain and scraped up a name, address and phone number. I think it's time to give Mr. DCControl's a call.

GMachinz doesn't sell that brand any longer. Shame, because I bought mine from him and had it 3 days later....

simmadown
11-28-2006, 10:56 PM
My Dad ordered a DC Controls FK-35 digital fan controller over a month ago (via their web site - http://www.dccontrol.com/) (http://www.dccontrol.com/%29), paid via PayPal, but still hasn't received it. Emails aren't being answered either.

Anyone have a contact number for them?

Not postive but I think someone from DCControls post here some times. He may be the owner. The screen is baskin

19topless69
11-29-2006, 03:32 AM
I just got one about 2 weeks ago took about 5-6 weeks. I also
went thru paypal.

dhardison
11-29-2006, 04:18 AM
Not postive but I think someone from DCControls post here some times. He may be the owner. The screen is baskinThanks, I'll send him a PM.

dhardison
11-29-2006, 04:19 AM
I just got one about 2 weeks ago took about 5-6 weeks. I also
went thru paypal.So much for "Please allow 10 business days for shipping."

6'9"Witha69
11-29-2006, 12:49 PM
I orderd one over 2 weeks ago. I have also sent emails to both the sales and support mailboxes. NOTHING. I actually came into this forum to post the same question! I hope it doesn't take that long. DAMNNIT!!

dhardison
11-29-2006, 01:39 PM
I sent 'baskin' a PM and just got a response a little while ago. He says they're going out slowly and I should have mine by next week (ordered 11/8/06).

gmachinz
11-29-2006, 03:34 PM
We are carrying the Spal line of PWM fan controllers. I have a wide variety of cooling system upgrades so as usual you can pm, email or call me with questions or comments. I can be busy at times but I always get back within 24 hours on emails and same day for calls. 515-979-8602. Thanks, Jabin.

67 caprice
11-30-2006, 04:32 PM
Same here. Took 38 days.

L n L
12-21-2006, 06:57 AM
Any updates? His website wouldn't even accept my order, e-mails not answered, and tried to make a thread on corral and it was deleted w/o any sort of reason why.

May go with Jabin's SPAL, but really wanted the DC....

Lee

dhardison
12-21-2006, 07:13 AM
I received it yesterday. Took 43 days. He was responsive to PMs sent from this board, but never responded to any emails.

gmachinz
12-22-2006, 11:25 PM
Wow. Well, the Spal in more similar to the DC Controls unit than anything else offered. While there are distinct differences, the biggest is in the design and build of the units. DC Controls says you can run any dual fan assembly in parallel with theirs-seemingly making Spal appear to be inferior with them wanting (according to their instructions) you to add a relay for secondary fan operation. Well, after talking with them, the unit is capable of handling up to 50 amps continuous by design though Spal recommends checking total amp draw from the two fans first. They're not really a 100% apples to apples comparison but more like red apples to green. What do you prefer? Btw, I haven't got my Dakota Digital controller in yet. -Jabin

streetk14
12-24-2006, 02:09 PM
I have a complete DC Control fan for sale if anyone's intersted. Check it out in the "for sale" section.

Andy

69 panel
01-17-2007, 08:50 AM
I ordered one a year or so ago. I complained in an email and I did receive a response from the guy but it wasn't very nice. I told him I needed the vehicle and had prepped it by removing the mechanical fan and shroud, installing the Lincoln fan and a custom shroud and all I needed was the controller and it was already past the ten working days. He replied that if I couldn't wait any longer that he would credit my paypal account. I asked him why he charged my paypal account before even starting on my unit. I said it's customary to charge the account the day it ships not the day you receive the order which is what he did. I forget his response to that but it didn't sit well with me. I asked if he was so broke he couldn't buy the materials up front then why not get a loan based on orders for product. I told him after I received my unit that he had a very poor attitude for someone in business. I suggested that he hire some people if he couldn't keep up with the orders. I forget his response but it was ugly Something to the effect of, "Mind your own business."

I will not do business with him again nor will I reccomend his product. I also will not do business with any other company where the owner hides from his customers. No name, no phone number...
NO ORDER

6'9"Witha69
01-17-2007, 10:10 AM
Mine arrived yesterday. Ordered Nov 14th. 63 days.

Looks great now that I have it.

But that wait . . .

Brian was nice when he finally called me, just wish it had been placed sooner.

Tim_in_NC
01-17-2007, 12:58 PM
Wow ... what a lead time ... I had originally thought of going the DC Controls route, but due to the difficulty in contacting DC or receiving itmes in a timely manor, I just went ahead and picked up the Spal unit from Jabin ...

baskin
01-17-2007, 02:41 PM
I ordered one a year or so ago. I complained in an email and I did receive a response from the guy but it wasn't very nice. I told him I needed the vehicle and had prepped it by removing the mechanical fan and shroud, installing the Lincoln fan and a custom shroud and all I needed was the controller and it was already past the ten working days. He replied that if I couldn't wait any longer that he would credit my paypal account. I asked him why he charged my paypal account before even starting on my unit. I said it's customary to charge the account the day it ships not the day you receive the order which is what he did. I forget his response to that but it didn't sit well with me. I asked if he was so broke he couldn't buy the materials up front then why not get a loan based on orders for product. I told him after I received my unit that he had a very poor attitude for someone in business. I suggested that he hire some people if he couldn't keep up with the orders. I forget his response but it was ugly Something to the effect of, "Mind your own business."

I will not do business with him again nor will I reccomend his product. I also will not do business with any other company where the owner hides from his customers. No name, no phone number...
NO ORDER

I would much rather charge after I ship, it would solve a lot of problems, but most people like paypal due to the fact that they can keep their credit card information private and as far as I know, paypal doesn't offer a way to do that. If you know of a way to do that, I'll change it today.

With regard to the emails, it's a two way street, referring to me as broke didn't sit well with me either, I don't think it would sit well with anyone. I don't want to look for the emails any more than you do, but if I remember correctly, I told you that you have te right to run your business your way and I have the right to run mine my way, not a very pleasent response, but given what I was responding to, I think it was reasonable.

baskin
01-17-2007, 10:41 PM
There are a lot of people who have good reason complain, 6’9 in particular, he was much more reasonable than I would have been when I talked to him on the phone. Dhardison, I can’t argue with what you’re saying either. December was a bad month. I was out of commission for most of it, it’s an ongoing thing, I assumed a couple of things, one is that I’d be back to work in a couple of days, and that didn’t happen, the second, is that since most companies close for a week or two during the holidays that it wouldn’t make that much of a difference, that wasn’t the case either. In retrospect, what I should have done is just closed it down for the month. 19topless69, I can’t tell without your information, but all of the shipments I found for that time period shipped between two and three weeks, was it an international shipment? Sometimes customs holds on to shipments.

On your transaction, 69 panel, I did go back and read through those emails and you should probably do the same, it’s not quite how you remember it. It actually shipped exactly 10 business days after the check cleared and there was no conversation regarding you having your car apart, if there had been, I would have arranged to have it shipped earlier.

The two week lead time has nothing to do with being broke, that’s an assumption on your part, it’s not one that most people would be comfortable hearing, considering the remainder of comments that you had, I doubt most people would have had a pleasant response and mine was pretty restrained. In your email after receiving the controller, you said nothing regarding me being broke, instead you said that you were pleased to no end with the controller, so, given that you received it on time and you were happy with what you received, I really don’t understand why you’re unhappy at this point. With regard to my hiding from you, I don’t see how you conclude that, we exchanged about twenty emails and the number is on the site if you look for it, it’s also on the paperwork that you received. I don’t think that you’re one of the people with good reason.

Madspeed
01-18-2007, 07:56 PM
My 2c

I ordered my controller without ever talking to or emailing the comany full well knowing the 10 day shipping deal.
I got my controller Well packed in a resonable amount of time.

I thought I would toss out my 2c since no one seems to really say when its good, Only Jump On the flame wagon when its bad

Add one to the happy customers list

Dust87ss
01-19-2007, 09:32 AM
Though I ordered mine from Jabin, I'm still a very happy customer; it's a killer product.

baskin, are all the delays cleared up now? I recommend your product every time I get the chance and would like to give people a heads-up on shipping delays (if there are any).

Thanks for making an absolutely amazing fan controller.

dhardison
01-19-2007, 10:48 AM
Though I ordered mine from Jabin, I'm still a very happy customer; it's a killer product. I ordered mine from Jabin ( GMachinz) as well and received it within a week. I've been "pleased as punch" with the product on my car, that's why I recommended the same controller when my Dad needed one for his Nova. No complaints about the product whatsoever and I would buy another.

baskin
01-19-2007, 03:26 PM
I知 catching up pretty quick, this batch gets me to about the second of January regarding orders shipped. Even when things are working well here, I知 at 100% capacity during the summer so I知 going with my second try with a contract manufacturer, which should speed things up a lot. I went with a company that was the best fit regarding equipment last time, I知 going with a company that I know well and has the best reputation that I know of this time, it値l cost me more, but I think it値l be worth it.

69 panel
01-24-2007, 06:30 AM
Baskin,

There were not twenty emails. If it approached twenty emails it was probably my emails to you looking for a response of any kind.

There was no check...I paid with Paypal

There was no phone number on your site at that time. There was no address either.

I did mention that the truck I was installing it on was a work vehicle.

You did not send it within ten business days.

I did say your device works as promised and I was and "STILL" am delighted with it. Your product is great but your method of doing business is what's lacking.

I am not attacking you personally merely offering friendly free advise. I still insist you need to treat your product like a real business and make units in advance of individual orders like a real business.

Go into production; take a chance and make more than you need ahead of time. Customers will be much happier when they can receive their unit in a day or so. It would seem to me that you could save material cost by ordering more components in bulk. If you don't want to face the labor drudgery of mass production assembly then farm out the assembly to a manufacturer. If you are worried about losing your design then don't tell the manufacturer what the product is or leave out one single key component and install that one component yourself and then pot it in epoxy. I am old school but I am aware that your buying public is made up mostly of the "Now Generation" and when people make a buying decisssion to purchase a relatively expensive device they want it "Now" not ten working days later.

Again I offer this advise for free so keep it or sweep it.

CarlC
01-24-2007, 07:41 AM
Mine showed up on time with no problems. It works well. He even offered to help fix a radio noise problem, which I'm sure is my fault, that I will take him up on one day soon.

Zedzag
01-24-2007, 09:54 PM
I ordered the FK35 the other day and my email was answered promptly. Hopefully all the problems and delays are over. I usually base my opinions on my personal experiences and so far it's been good although this thread caught my attention.