PDA

View Full Version : Hotchkis front sway installation question

dhardison
11-20-2004, 02:36 PM
I tried "trial-fitting" my new front Hotchkis sway bar today since I have the front wheels/spindles/springs out ('70 Nova). When I purchased the Nova it didn't have a front sway at all. Anyway I tried and tried (i.e. twisted and cussed) but couldn't figure out a way to get that sucker in. I can get it all the way over to the opposite side, but don't have enough room to twist it and get past the opposite lower a-frame.

I'm running a BB Chevy which is still in the car (factory location). It looks like if I remove the harmonic balancer it'll give me the space I need to spin the bar and maybe it'll go. Does anyone have any experience with installing the Hotchkis front sway with a BB while it's still in the car ('68-'74 Nova or '67'-69 Camaro)?

TIA,
Dan

Pzary3233
11-20-2004, 04:24 PM
Dan,

Sounds like the problems I had with my Firebird and Pontiac Motor... keep trying.. it took me a good 3 hours of fighting with it to get it in... but finally it did go though... that was with everything on the car minus wheels and tires. My poncho motor is a TAD smaller than a BBC so you might have to start taking accesories off...

dhardison
11-20-2004, 04:46 PM
Thanks Paul, I tried installing this thing every way possible. I may give it one more try before I pull the harmonic balancer. I may try pulling one/both of the lower a-arms instead.

Dan

dhardison
11-20-2004, 06:08 PM
Nevermind, I dropped one lower a-arm and got the sway bar to slide right in.

Dan