PDA

View Full Version : FYI Billet Specalties w/tall spindle C5

Davezz28
11-23-2006, 11:07 AM
I posted this over in the brakes but it also relates to wheels. Wanted to put some info out here for people searching for answers.

I just completed a C5 conversion on a 2nd gen using Billet Spec. Qualifier wheels (17X8 w/4.75" BS) and the web of the wheels rub the caliper. I had to use a 1/4" spacer to get the wheel to clear the caliper.

When ordering Billet Spec Qualifer, Fast Lane, and Streetstar wheels choose your BS acordingly if using on tall spindles w/C5 setup.

Dave

Turbo Hen
11-23-2006, 12:42 PM
So are you saying if you would of used a 4.5" BS it would of been fine?

Reason i ask is becauseI have the "Fastlane" wheels from them, and i do plan on doing either a C5 brake or another big brake conversion in the future.

My rims are 17x8 with a 4" BS

-Carm

Davezz28
11-23-2006, 06:42 PM
No....the amount of backspacing has nothing to do with the rims clearing the calipers. It is the center section or web of the rim that hits and that portion of the rim is always going to be in the same location.

The back spacing the location of the center section in relation to the outer rim.

What I am saying is, if you know you want a rim to fit like it has a 4.5" BS then you need to order a rim with the actual BS of 4.75". So when you add the .25" spacer (moving the outer rim lip closer to the fender lip) you will have a wheel located like it had a 4.5" BS.

Clear as mud?

Turbo Hen
11-23-2006, 08:24 PM
I gotcha....now i understand

Thanks

-Carm