PDA

View Full Version : Be Cool Aluminum radiator?.. SB 406??

Mr.VENGEANCE
11-19-2006, 08:11 PM
well.. im prolly going to be ordering a be cool radiator for my camaro.

what is a good BeCool radiator for the 406?
something to cool about 475 hp or so.. and shiny!

im pretty brainless so help me out guys!

:hmm:

John McIntire
11-19-2006, 08:38 PM
You can just get the stock replacement radiator for you car from Be Cool. Theyre a direct fit. I had one in my Chevelle with a 500+HP 383 and it did a great job. You just have to decide on polished or plain(my was plain) and if its for a stick or automatic. Radiator worked great, cant say anything bad about it.

Are you going to buy electric fans too? You can get a complete kit from them for your car.

Also you might want to consider Ron Davis, which is the radiator I have now. They are in the same price range, although I think that Ron Davis is a far better product. They use bigger fans, shroud the whole radiator, and the welds and fabrication on it are just amazing. Very solid peice.

Do a search for "ron davis" and you'll pull up some stuff.
There's a representative from Ron Davis on these boards named Tim, and you'll see his posts in the searches.

Good luck! Shop around then decide!

Mr.VENGEANCE
11-19-2006, 08:41 PM
yea i was concidering it because the GPsuperstore buy on BeCool radiators and DSE products.. word to the wise guys get on this.

so im looking for a whole combo.. fans, radiator hoses what is all needed to get it right.

i have auto transmission and i want to go with polished.

Mr.VENGEANCE
11-20-2006, 09:09 AM
hmm..

6'9"Witha69
11-20-2006, 09:12 AM
AFCO. They fit perfectly, look great and are built well. Got one, it gets my vote.

simmadown
11-20-2006, 09:22 AM
yea i was concidering it because the GPsuperstore buy on BeCool radiators and DSE products.. word to the wise guys get on this.

so im looking for a whole combo.. fans, radiator hoses what is all needed to get it right.

i have auto transmission and i want to go with polished.

I have the BeCool cooling my 383 with their(actually Spals) dual 11" fan. It never overheats even with the AC on & 90* weather in traffic. Another option is Alumitech https://secure.wf-api.com/www.chevellecooling.com/46.html?psid=p28Pd4OFW0sEkO2oQlLR&sm=8856

The have packages with the fan & wiring for Camaros as well. Good following on the Camaro & Chevelle forums.

John McIntire
11-20-2006, 05:20 PM
yeah, well if the price is right, go for it. My BeCool performed flawlessly, I also had the dual Spal fans on it and I could idle that car all day against a brick wall in 100 degree heat, and that thing never went over 180 degrees.
I just got the Ron Davis because it looks better in my opinion.

PRRC
12-03-2006, 11:19 AM
We carry both be cool and Fluidyne.Both make a replacement radiator for the Camaro'sLet us know if you would like pricing.
Thanks Tim