PDA

View Full Version : LS7 Controler

Jetset700
11-19-2006, 01:38 PM
I'm considering a LS7 with a Katech torqer cam, ATS headers. Any suggestions on a controller.

parsonsj
11-19-2006, 01:49 PM
Have a look at FAST. I'm told their eDIST2 will support the LS7 crank sensor.

jp

Jetset700
11-19-2006, 01:57 PM
Have a look at FAST. I'm told their eDIST2 will support the LS7 crank sensor.

jp

Has anyone you know used this?
I am trying to find options on controller. Or is the stock one the best to go with.

pist0lpete
11-19-2006, 06:26 PM
I have heard of people changing to an LS2 crank sensor and going with an LS2 computer.

parsonsj
11-19-2006, 06:34 PM
Has anyone you know used this?I spoke with Ron Wiggins (FAST tech support) about it last summer. He said it would be out "soon". I don't know if it's available yet. Have a look here. (http://www.fuelairspark.com/Information/WhatsNew/Files/FASTPerfectCircuitLS2-LS7WiringHarnesses.pdf)

I have heard of people changing to an LS2 crank sensor and going with an LS2 computer.Actually, you'll have to change the crank reluctor wheel (which can be done), not the sensor. But yes, that will work.

jp

4MuscleMachines
11-19-2006, 09:11 PM
www.speartech.com already has the oem stand alone factory harness, ecm, and drive by wire throttle assembly for the 58x LS7. You can tune it for mods with HP Tuners if you like.

chicane67
11-19-2006, 10:19 PM
Dont screw around..... get the UMI Delphi 4B unit. In reality, it is the only thing to use.

It doesnt require changing the crankshaft reluctor and has a much, much... better windows interface. It is also much more tunable than any other EFI system that I have seen... and........ it is what Katech uses for their LS7 systems. Basically, its a no-brainer.

UMI has a factory stock tune and a slightly tweaked tune for the LS7. The tweak, on a bone factory stock LS7 makes 550hp with no mods or additional part changes from being factory OE. Not to mention that Caleb/Jason @ Katech already have a tune for the LS7 with their torqer camshaft utilizing the UMI 4B system

It is also much better priced than all previously mentioned systems.

parsonsj
11-20-2006, 05:06 AM
get the UMI Delphi 4B unitHey, got a link?

jp

baz67
11-20-2006, 05:40 AM
JP,

www.umiracing.com for some reason I could not copy the link to the page, but scroll over the truck in the banner and then on that drop down menu go to engine electronics.

That is the system I am going with on my LS2

andrewb70
11-20-2006, 05:53 AM
Dont screw around..... get the UMI Delphi 4B unit. In reality, it is the only thing to use.

It doesnt require changing the crankshaft reluctor and has a much, much... better windows interface. It is also much more tunable than any other EFI system that I have seen... and........ it is what Katech uses for their LS7 systems. Basically, its a no-brainer.

UMI has a factory stock tune and a slightly tweaked tune for the LS7. The tweak, on a bone factory stock LS7 makes 550hp with no mods or additional part changes from being factory OE. Not to mention that Caleb/Jason @ Katech already have a tune for the LS7 with their torqer camshaft utilizing the UMI 4B system

It is also much better priced than all previously mentioned systems.

http://www.umiracing.com/gallery/Images/Catalog.pdf

Andrew

chicane67
11-20-2006, 12:38 PM
Go Andrew... Go Andrew... Go Andrew...

Sorry... for some reason I couldnt upload the PDF last night.

andrewb70
11-20-2006, 01:05 PM
The PDF is a little short on the feature descriptions. I wonder if they have things like ignition cut for shifting…

Andrew

justanova
11-20-2006, 05:04 PM
The PDF is a little short on the feature descriptions. I wonder if they have things like ignition cut for shifting…

Andrew

for that faceplated tranny....for full throttle clutchless upshifts:dunno:

andrewb70
11-21-2006, 06:13 AM
for that faceplated tranny....for full throttle clutchless upshifts:dunno:

Yes Sir!

Andrew

PhillipM
11-21-2006, 09:10 PM
We are very happy with our UMI Computer.

andrewb70
11-22-2006, 06:13 AM
We are very happy with our UMI Computer.

Phillip,

Would you mind elaborating more on that? How is the drivalbility? HOw is the tuning process? Does the UMI computer offer the same level of detail as the OEM computer?

Andrew

EFI69Cam
11-22-2006, 06:46 AM
Does UMI sell software to program it?

andrewb70
11-22-2006, 07:14 AM
Does UMI sell software to program it?

Read the PDF. The UMI system includes the computer, wiring and software. I would like to know more about the features since there isn't much in the way of explanation.

Andrew

PhillipM
11-23-2006, 04:54 PM
As for tuneability what exactly are you wanting to know? I think that would be a better way to go instead of me trying to tell all that you can tune. Are there any certain things that you want to make sure that you can tune?

PhillipM
11-23-2006, 04:58 PM
Sorry I just saw your other post. I will look and see if that is something that can be done.

andrewb70
11-23-2006, 06:06 PM
As for tuneability what exactly are you wanting to know? I think that would be a better way to go instead of me trying to tell all that you can tune. Are there any certain things that you want to make sure that you can tune?

I guess I am just looking for a laudry list at this point. Size of the fuel and spark tables. Wide band integration? I don't know....It better do something exciting for the price.

Andrew

jeff s
12-08-2006, 07:44 PM
We've got LS7's as cheap as you'll find em anywhere. With ready to run packages (all accessories, dry sump tank,etc) using a 06 GM Zo6 ecu and harness. Includes a drive by wire pedal assy. Dyno testing we get 560-567 hp with the stock tune through the cats.
This ecu is sequential injection with AC anticipate signals and cold start tuned. Unlike the Delphi and other ecu's. We are also a UMI dealer, also Big Stuff 3, Accell DFI, sell to you at the same price they do. And we're a site supporter.
Thanks

ASSC Racing
12-08-2006, 09:35 PM
I'm considering a LS7 with a Katech torqer cam, ATS headers. Any suggestions on a controller.Jetset700 PM sent.

Jetset700
12-11-2006, 06:43 AM
Thanks for the replies and PM's. So many options...