PDA

View Full Version : 700R4 to BG carb

sunkistcamaro
11-18-2004, 10:18 AM
Hi Guys,
Does anyone have a 700r4 trans hooked up to a BG carburetor?
I was wondering if I needed to get any special brackets to hook up the TV cable to the carb linkage.
Thanks

Texas Hotrod
11-20-2004, 03:44 PM
I messed around with a few changeovers, but they were Holleys, not BGs. I made a bracket that bolted to the bellcrank to position the cable in the factory location.
I rounded off the head of a 1/4" bolt and then ground it thinner so the cable could snap over it. I used the custom bolt to connect the cable to the end of the bracket.

I don't know of any kits that would make for an easy bolt-on.
Have you called BG to see what they have available?

The cable will be too loose at part throttle (slipped shifts) if the bellcrank is too long. If the arm is too short the initial cable tension will be too tight, causing late shifts at part throttle(but normal shifts for max. throttle).
Cable pull rate is critical for good operation, need to make sure the cable is tight at w.o.t.

sunkistcamaro
11-22-2004, 07:31 AM
Texas Hotrod,
I haven't called BG yet. Do you have any pics of what you did?
Thanks

Texas Hotrod
11-22-2004, 05:05 PM
Is the bell crank on the BG anything like what Holley has?
I have a Holley 850 that I could use as a pattern to make something that might work.
---TEX---

nitrovette
11-22-2004, 06:10 PM
You might want to check out bowtie overdrive for a kit,they usually have what you need, and like texas hotrod said,make sure you have the tv cable set right or you could burn it up.Heres a link to there site.

http://www.tvmadeez.com/

sunkistcamaro
11-23-2004, 09:38 AM
Tex,
I can take a picture of it, I really dont remember what a Holley looks like. Maybe it wont be a problem.

sunkistcamaro
11-23-2004, 10:02 AM
Hey guys,
It looks like I found what I've been looking for.
Bowtie overdrive has the bracket.
Im going to place the order tonight.

http://www.tvmadeez.com/demon_cam/

Thanks for your help!