PDA

View Full Version : The car to build is the one you already own

ALLFAITH
11-13-2006, 02:27 PM
Not new to the forum, but a new project will begin.

My twin and I own a 69 GTO Judge-have had it for about 20 years-we are 3rd owners and 6th owners of it (long story). Approximately 59K original miles, engine is SR repalcement block from 1970 all otehr numbers seem to match -spoke with original owner many years ago. 1 awesome repaint.

PT bug has bit hard and had a few cars none of them ever lasted very long. Always hesitant to butcher an original car, and it always seemed better to start with somebody else project. So ti seems the perfect candidate was right under our noses. Not quite going the route of Roger's 69 Judge (wish we could), but here are the basic plans to modify the car (Engine in car will be put into storage):

All ideas are welcome

1) 461 stroker 500+ HP through aluminum heads
2) full global west front end with coil overs
3) full hotchkiss rear (already done)
4) 4 wheel discs
5) Overdrive tranny-probably add a gear vendors so as not to have to cut the floor boards-just massage them a bit or so I understand
6) 18 inch wheels- maybe billet ralley 2's or steelies with hubcaps and modern redlines. We are fighting over this as we speak.

plan to leave interior and body stock-change judge stripes to black/red/white factory combo stripes.

Goal of car is to make it a no excuses drive anywhere resto-modded car (it already is a great diver with no excuses)

Any thoughts ideas, comments ?

Brad

Mr.VENGEANCE
11-13-2006, 03:19 PM
mod that badboy.. you only live once.. dont do it just cause its worth money.. do it cause its fun!

oh and BTW.. im sure i speak for pretty much everyone when i say.. lets see some pictures!

good luck!

Roger Poirier
11-13-2006, 07:18 PM
Not new to the forum, but a new project will begin.

My twin and I own a 69 GTO Judge-have had it for about 20 years-we are 3rd owners and 6th owners of it (long story). Approximately 59K original miles, engine is SR repalcement block from 1970 all otehr numbers seem to match -spoke with original owner many years ago. 1 awesome repaint.

PT bug has bit hard and had a few cars none of them ever lasted very long. Always hesitant to butcher an original car, and it always seemed better to start with somebody else project. So ti seems the perfect candidate was right under our noses. Not quite going the route of Roger's 69 Judge (wish we could), but here are the basic plans to modify the car (Engine in car will be put into storage):

All ideas are welcome

1) 461 stroker 500+ HP through aluminum heads
2) full global west front end with coil overs
3) full hotchkiss rear (already done)
4) 4 wheel discs
5) Overdrive tranny-probably add a gear vendors so as not to have to cut the floor boards-just massage them a bit or so I understand
6) 18 inch wheels- maybe billet ralley 2's or steelies with hubcaps and modern redlines. We are fighting over this as we speak.

plan to leave interior and body stock-change judge stripes to black/red/white factory combo stripes.

Goal of car is to make it a no excuses drive anywhere resto-modded car (it already is a great diver with no excuses)

Any thoughts ideas, comments ?

Brad

Brad,

Call me and I will explain what I preceived as the best bang for the buck. Things and items I would do and not do again. I love your idea of Billet Pontiac rims. Red lines are a great idea also, you can buy them in radials. Coil overs in front, excellent. 248.624.4526 Cell

R.P.

BretB
11-15-2006, 06:52 PM
Cool project. I have a twin brother and we're building a '69 GTO now. It's just a regular GTO, not a Judge. You can see it in the Project Updates section under Project Executioner. Did you see the '69 resto-mod Judge in the December issue of High Performance Pontiac? That car is built similar to what you're building.

ALLFAITH
11-15-2006, 07:49 PM
No I looked for the magazinee and never found it. Will contact primedia for the back issue. Great project you are working on. Love having a twin- everything is either 1/2 off or I only paid 1/2 of too much for it.

Brad