PDA

View Full Version : Should i get this grand national motor, cheap?

yody
11-17-2004, 10:04 PM
I can get a complete grand national turbo 6 complete, 70,000 miles, with turbo, intercooler, exhaust, intake....everything. I can get it for $650. This is very cheap and i can do some cheap mods and clean it up for under $1000 and probably get about 400 horse.(with an alchohol injection setup) I could really use this money for my current project. Should i pick it up, or save my money for finishing the firebird?

zbugger
11-17-2004, 10:11 PM
Finish the bird. The motor would be cool, but get your priorities straight. Then again, you could clean it up, and then turn it around and sell it complete for more. Then you'd have more money to put into the bird. You could even pay for all the little holes in your brakes.

shmoov69
11-18-2004, 10:00 AM
Yody- I say buy the engine and all, don't do anything with it and let it sit in the corner of the garage for the winter in the way. Get sick of tripping over it and then sell it to me for $500! :git:
Or just tell me where it is at and I may "store" it for you!
:rotfl:

Jagarang
11-18-2004, 10:31 AM
Computer too! Can't beat it. It'd go on EBay for more than your paying even if you didn't do anything to it!

Jagarang
11-18-2004, 10:31 AM
Computer too? Is there a computer on these?
Can't beat it. It'd go on EBay for more than your paying even if you didn't do anything to it!

gmachinz
11-18-2004, 12:44 PM
"little holes in your brakes"..... hee...hee....
Hey, I would be interested in that motor if you want to make some profit-I'd like to put it in my '86 Monte SS if you decide you don't want it. -Jabin

yody
11-18-2004, 12:45 PM
yeah, but how much will shipping be??? gotta let me know soon

myclone
11-18-2004, 03:53 PM
Id pick it up if I were you. Check out some prices on www.turbobuick.com for what long blocks are going for minus the turbo/IC stuff. Even if you dont use it you can sell it off for double your money, if not more.