PDA

View Full Version : Full floor replacement 68 camaro...

BuddyP
11-12-2006, 03:37 PM
Who's all done this? What do I need to look out for? Need to replace lower half of tail pan so I plan on putting the full floor in from that direction.

Also full floors are setup for '67 shock mounts, how much work is there to alter the floor into a staggered 68 shock mount location? Or can I just mount the shocks in the 67's stock positions?

Any and all info greatly appreciated!

MrQuick
11-12-2006, 07:02 PM
I have, lots of fun. Invest in a good drill, a quality spot weld cutter and an air chisel. Make sure you brace the body before the first cut starts. Also collect your new sheet metal parts before as to see what needs to be saved. Cut from the scrap side to preserve metal.

it is very easy (and I highly recommend) to change to staggered shock locations. Carfully cut out the 67 upper shock plate braces and reuse them. They are sandwiched between the trunk sheet metal. Use your old pan for reference.

BuddyP
11-12-2006, 09:11 PM
Thanks, I actually have the stuff you listed above and have most of the floor already out. Am just waiting to get the new floor before I go any further.

The bottom half of my tail pan needs replaced and was going to cut it out (while leaving the inner panel of the tail pan) and put the full floor in from the rear so as to not have to remove the rear wheel opening's.