PDA

View Full Version : Help adjusting clutch

DenRS
11-17-2004, 08:38 PM
I just had my ST-10 rebuilt for my 69 camaro and I'm having some issues with the new clutch. I resurfaced my flywheel, installed a centerforce dual friction clutch, new pilot bushing, and a new throw out bearing (the one centerforce recommends). I used the plastic alignment tool to install my tranny. It wasn't the easiest install but it went in. Anyway, I installed anadjustable pivot ball and I have a stock bellhousing. I adjusted the pivot ball to 4.75 inches from the engine side of the bellhousing. My clutch fork hits the floorboards on my car just about when the pedal gets within an inch of the floor. I shouldn't have clearence issues using a stock bellhousing should I? If so, what could cause this? I really don't want to take the tranny out if I don't have too since I basically have the car back together and that mother was heavy. Thanks

andrewb70
11-19-2004, 07:46 AM
It would help to know what kind of car you have.

Andrew

DenRS
11-21-2004, 07:35 AM
I have a 69 camaro with a BW ST-10 installed. I ended up taking the tranny out and adjusting the pivot ball. Problem solved. Thanks anyway.

yody
11-21-2004, 06:17 PM
you think that is heavy! try a T56 six speed!! way heavier. Also you are suppposed to manually check how the clutch fork is adjusted, not just set the height on the pivot ball. there are instructions on mcleods website

DenRS
11-23-2004, 02:33 PM
I called centerforce before I removed the pivot ball and they suggested the same thing Mcleods website did. Now I have plenty of room and the clutch works great. For some reason, setting the pivot ball height at 4.75 from the back of the bellhousing was not enough even though I have a stock bellhousing. I ended up going out a couple of turns out. Thanks