PDA

View Full Version : site slow

rockdogz
11-10-2006, 06:17 PM
Is pro-touring slowing down for anyone else? Seems to take 5-10 seconds to load a new post now when it didn't for me before...

:nopity:

Ralph LoGrasso
11-11-2006, 03:06 PM
Tom,

Is this an intermittent problem, or something that is constant? If it is only occuring at certain times, please post at what times the site is slow so we can track down the cause of the problem.

novanutcase
11-15-2006, 08:49 PM
Yeah....me too! Since Rockdogz and I are in the same area it's probably your ISP or Host running your bandwidth through a load balancer in this area. Since many hosts sub out their server needs to server farms it is probably one of the local farms out this way that is experiencing a heavy load and the load balancer is doling out the packets evenly which means it slows response time down.

OR.....

Larry didn't pay the bill! :doh:

Ralph LoGrasso
11-15-2006, 09:17 PM
I didn't know that hosts did that, but then again that's probably the reason I abstain from any techincal or server type maintenance :p. I'll forward the problem to Larry and see if we can't come up with a solution.

Larry Callahan
11-15-2006, 10:04 PM
Since I first saw your post I have been watching the server loads sever times a day. I am not seeing anything that would cause that but, I have asked our hosting company to install a program that will record and send me daily reports on the load. I hope we can figure this out soon. So far the site loads really fast for me.

BA.
11-16-2006, 07:51 AM
Yeah....me too! Since Rockdogz and I are in the same area it's probably your ISP or Host running your bandwidth through a load balancer in this area. Since many hosts sub out their server needs to server farms it is probably one of the local farms out this way that is experiencing a heavy load and the load balancer is doling out the packets evenly which means it slows response time down.

I don't think that will be the case in this situation. You're right that it could be a reasoning for intermittent issues in a localized area though.
I presume that the guys having trouble do not have trouble with other sites?

There is a very cool program available called Vital Agent by Lucent that is small can runs on the client (end user) workstation and it can tell you the times for page loads broken down by network, server and client.

If anyone wants it, you can PM me your email address. It's only about 1MB.

novanutcase
11-16-2006, 09:17 AM
WOW!!! Larry??!! What did you say to the Host? The site just **POPS** on to my screen now! Super fast loads! Thanks!

Larry Callahan
11-16-2006, 09:43 AM
I didn't do anything yet. Still working getting a report. Go figure.

novanutcase
11-16-2006, 07:37 PM
What is it they say? The squeaky wheel gets the grease!:rotfl:

Larry Callahan
11-16-2006, 08:34 PM
They don't see anything and neither do I. I'm still checking it several times a day and the load is always low. Some form of a recorder will be up soon to watch it 24/7

novanutcase
11-17-2006, 12:28 AM
Wierd??!! It's working beautifully now....snap, snap, snap....just beautiful!