PDA

View Full Version : Tubing threaded inserts needed.

Ackattack
11-09-2006, 08:17 PM
I'm looking at doing some custom suspension pieces for my Jeep, and I can't find what I need and though some of you may know where to get what I want.

Basically I need some "threaded inserts" that can be welded into the ends of round tubing.

Specifically I'll be using 2" DOM steel with .25" walls. And I need 3/4" internal threads. I have found some of these inserts, but not this large. I can tap the threads myself if need be.

Now some of you may be thinking: 2" tubing with 1/4" walls!!!!! I know that is more than enough for strength as far as the suspension goes, but it also has to be impact resistant incase I drop off a rock/log onto the arms. So that's why I'm going with that size.

Thanks

Camaro Zach
11-09-2006, 09:43 PM
Check out ebay there are a few offroad guys on there with stores that will build them to your specs. I have bought some from a few different people on there, just email them if you cant locate your specs.
also you should be able to search tube inserts, tubing inserts, threaded tubing inserts, ect on google and come up with some offroad shops. Sorry i would have links but i just recently reformatted this computer.

astroracer
11-10-2006, 05:12 AM
You need too cruise around on this site...
http://www.suicidedoors.com/4LinkParts4-LinkBarBungKits.php
TONS of parts and info and most of it is fairly priced. I am using a lot of their poly bushing and sleeve kits in Bad Ast and their service is timely.
Mark

J2speedandcustom
11-10-2006, 07:45 AM
I use www.chassisshop.com. Always great to work with!

Madspeed
11-10-2006, 06:06 PM
Now some of you may be thinking: 2" tubing with 1/4" walls!!!!! I know that is more than enough for strength as far as the suspension goes, but it also has to be impact resistant incase I drop off a rock/log onto the arms. So that's why I'm going with that size.

Thanks
Heh Ive seen tube that size break on rock crawlers
So No I do not think your crazy.

Look on Pirate4X4.com

I think thats the site link.. If not then google it

quadfather
11-11-2006, 06:43 AM
try www.fkrodends.com they make a bung that is for 1.750 x120wall the od would 1.510 part#3308 2"x250 wall would be 1.500 . it wouldn't take much machining to get those in. they have it with 3/4 or 1" thread if your going big might as well go big on the rod ends too.:twothumbs

louie@g-machine
12-03-2006, 04:52 PM
take a look at our site, we sell tons of recievers. If you dont find what you are looking for, call the shop and we can possibly get something that isn't listed.
Louie
www.gmachinestore.com

jason@gmachine
02-26-2007, 08:09 PM
yeah give me a call, i would first off go with a bigger heim if this is going to be used for link arms. I would personally not use anything less than a 7/8" for a jeep link arm setup.

Jason

65-347
04-12-2007, 03:49 PM
Try poison spyder, these guys have everything:

http://www.poisonspyder.com/index2.html?page=buggies/buildup.htm