PDA

View Full Version : 72 Nova Front Suspension Questions

jumpmanmb87
11-08-2006, 11:17 AM
What would be the best front end setup for a 72 Nova, Looking at tubular arms but also have seen those bolt in subframes? anyone have a nova with any of this installed?

6'9"Witha69
11-08-2006, 11:28 AM
Anything for a 67-69 Camaro sub will fit as they share subframes with 68-74 Novas. Aftermarket frames can work well and can be good to replace worn out and damaged subframes, but modified factory frames can work just as well. I would suggest:

Guldstrand mod or AFX tall spindles.
Factory or tubular control arms (I prefer GW). Either with Del-A-Lum bushings and new balljoints (factory arms).
Larger sway bar (1 1/16").
Stiffer springs (lowered).
GOOD shocks. This is not an area to go cheap. KYBs and any other auto store replacements are not an option.

These upgrades alone will make such a difference you will not need any aftermarket frame. If you have concerns regarding the structure of your factory frame, redo the stitch welds for full seam welds. There are many threads on this topic, have fun!

baz67
11-08-2006, 01:12 PM
Yep, I second Nick. Search and search some more. There is a ton of info here.

astroracer
11-09-2006, 05:02 AM
Like Nick & brian said... But also ask yourself what the primary use of the car will be. Throwing money at expensive aftermarket parts for a street car is a waste when a decent lowering and stock rebuild will more then do the job for a good handling driver....
Clean and paint everything while you've got it apart and it'll look good too.
Mark