PDA

View Full Version : At what point do you need a cage?

Vegas69
11-08-2006, 08:47 AM
I am getting ready to build a 69 camaro with the DSE mini tub kit and weld in subframe connectors. Looking at about 600lbft of torque. At what point do I worry about body fatique and installing a 4 point cage? I don't plan to take it to the track and if I ever did I would leave street tires on it. Anyone ever twisted there car if so what was your setup?

Gordz32
11-09-2006, 02:41 PM
I think you should be okay without a cage. If your not going to run it much at the track and your going to run street tires, your not gonna be twisting anything very hard. I'm an a-body guy so I don't know for sure. Hopefully the camaro guys will put in ther $.02. Goodluck

Doug G
12-30-2006, 05:50 AM
I think you should at least run sub connectors and if you really have 600'# and that thing hooks it will tweak. I would watch for any panels flexing or gaps opening/closing before I installed a cage.

bookends
01-03-2007, 05:53 PM
definatly install subframe connectors My friend just got his finished and the paint cracked at the c pillar when he drove up his driveway from the body flexing with the subframe. his driveway is an incline but nothing drastic.

Vegas69
01-03-2007, 09:03 PM
I have decided to run chris alston frame connectors and g support along with the DSE mini tub kit. I think its the best option without going full out cage for the bread.