PDA

View Full Version : LT1 Information

ILLEGAL69
11-16-2004, 06:00 PM
I have been bitten by the pro-touring bug. I sold my old carburated 350 and bought a 96 LT1 with a 4L60E.

I now need to find a complete schematic for the set-up. I need to set up the ignition as well as figure out something to do for a speedo.

If anyone has info it would be greatly appreciated.

Fuelie Fan
11-17-2004, 09:00 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7935346636&category=34214&sspagename=WDVW

Ebay and google are our friends

LT1Nova
11-18-2004, 07:16 PM
The 95 & 96 are different, ODB1 and ODB2. I would recommend you get the manuals for a 96.

I would suggest getting an aftermarket harness. I used a Painless harness and it worked GREAT!

ILLEGAL69
11-20-2004, 02:12 AM
I think I have the wireing part figured out. I bought a Haynes manual. It has a good schematic in it. Being an electrician I just cant bring myself to paying that much money for a wiring harness, when I have most of it already.

What do I do with the pollution control systems on the motor? Do I keep them and be green friendly, or will I gain much HP by removing it? How much can I remove of it without getting trouble codes?

LT1Nova
11-20-2004, 06:12 PM
If you get a program like LT1 Edit or TunerCat (i have) you can eliminate the lights from emissions things. Yours probably has 4 o2 sensors and I am pretty sure you can delete the rear two with programing. I am not sure if TC works with OBD2. You can also correct for tire/gear changes.

Obvliously you will not want to remove any smog stuff if it is required where you live. You will not gain much power. I do not have any smog stuff. Air pump, egr, etc.

I would recommend the programming message board over at cz28.com.

69 panel
11-25-2004, 06:49 AM
You can run your motor on an OBD-1 unit. In fact OBD-1 is more user friendly and performance tuneable than OBD-2. There are a lot of people that convert '96 LT-1's to OBD-1 on the ImpalaSS forum. I would suggest calling or emailing Bryan Herter at www.pcmforless.com and he can help you with all the information you'll need to do it, as well as re-program the brain and delete whatever you don't want. Such as the VAT system, top end limiter, etc... , etc..

ILLEGAL69
01-03-2005, 01:44 PM
I have most of it complete now. I found out that the VATS needed to removed from the PCM. When I had the computer flashed I had the polution controls removed, some more performance into it, and the fans to turn on at a lower temp.

The harness has not been to bad to modify.I removed all the polution stuff as well the a/c.

I am trying to fit the computer under my dash but it is tight.