PDA

View Full Version : Anybody installed GW body mounts?

Bandit
11-06-2006, 07:58 AM
Hey all,
I just received my new Global West Interlock body mounts, the solid aluminum ones, I am looking at installing them this weekend.
They look like nice pieces. The kit came with 6 interlocking mounts, 4 of them have big bolts I am assuming for the middle 4 mounts (torque to 100 lb-ft), the other 2 have smaller bolts (torque to 50 lb), I am thinking for the radiator mount area.
The instructions are a bit vague, if anyone has any tips for helping me install these bad boys I would appreciate it immensely. Photos would help too. They are going into my '80 TA.
Thanks in advance--

Paul

Steve1968LS2
11-06-2006, 08:40 AM
It's just like you said.. the small ones are for the core support.

BonzoHansen
11-06-2006, 09:48 AM
I think you can look at this thread - I can't see the pics here at work (the pic site is blocked :rolleyes: )

http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?p=433200&highlight=mount#post433200

I had to replace the LF (middle) body bolt GW gave me with a slightly shorter one - their hit the toe board of my 77.

Bandit
11-07-2006, 04:06 AM
Bonzo,
Yes the thread worked for me--thanks. This will help me out.

Paul

Bandit
11-13-2006, 09:38 AM
Got 'em in...and not a moment too soon! I thought I was just going to be upgrading from rubber to aluminum, but turns out there was hardly any bushing left in the rear 4 posits! They looked ok from underneath until I removed the old bolts, then the bushings came out in about 6 separate pieces! Rust rained from the bolt holes, and it looked like someone had hammered on the bolts with a jackhammer! But fortunately the mounting pads and bolt holes were undamaged, so installing the new bushings was a snap. I will try to get some pics up--thanks again for the help.