PDA

View Full Version : 06 SEMA show

CraigMorrison
11-05-2006, 03:44 PM
What a show! It was great getting a chance to meet a lot of you guys for the first time and BS with the ones I already knew.

Art and I were pretty blown away by the response of the car. We were humbled by the attention. The Ring's ride was awesome and deserved everything it won, not to mention the incredible cars belonging to Alloway's customers, Wes Rydell's 54 Bel Air, Alderman's Camaro, Zane's Trans Am and a host of others. SMOY is going to be tough this year......

To toot our own horn for a minute, we won "Best in Show" by Sony Playstation in their Gran Turismo Awards. Even if we hadn't won it was one hell of a party. Thank you to Steve Chryssos for getting "meat ball hero - with sauce on the side" stuck in my head now forEVAR. Foreigner RAWKED! I never thought I would say that, but they played an awesome set. Free drinks always is bad news and I am sure some of my pics reflect this..... So by winning the Gran Turismo award this means that in about a year or so you will be able to drive our Vette in GT5! How cool is that? Any track in the world & if you crash no big deal (definitely not as bad as crashing the real thing!) It was funny, because after winning the award we had lots of hip & trendy Japanese guys taking pics of the car.....

Feet hurt, liver is swolen, voice is almost gone but what a show! I am sure I'll post more, but still trying to recover from the week and the 18 hour drive home....

Pics-
unlocked file of the Vette Build
http://public.fotki.com/CraigMorrison/1960_corvette_project/top_secret_pics/

SEMA 06
http://public.fotki.com/CraigMorrison/2006-sema-show/

Enjoy!

formula98
11-06-2006, 08:52 PM
What a great looking car and project! Thanks for unlocking the build! I think you guy's did a great job and the awards are well deserved! Keep up the great work! So what you going to top it with next year?

Ron

Marcus SC&C
11-06-2006, 09:04 PM
Really nice car! The build quality looked outstanding. Way to go on the award!
The whole show was great and more than a little overwhelming. My feet (and calves and knees and...) have never hurt so much. Next year I have to plan a lot more time for meeting and talking to folks from the forums etc. I didn`t get to talk to half the people I wanted to. Mark SC&C

muthstryker
11-06-2006, 11:07 PM
wow that color omg sooooo nice