PDA

View Full Version : S10 spindles on a first gen camaro?

CHILI442
11-04-2006, 07:49 PM
I thought I read recently about how s10 spindles are a bolt on affair for first generation Camaros. The search function didn't give me much though. Anyway, I'm trying to help a friend do a disk brake conversion on a '67 Camaro. I think I read where the S10 spindle/brake setup is an 11" deal which is fine for this car. My friend isn't looking for anything outrageous, just wanting to put disks on his wife's camaro he's putting together. Any other info as far as MC, prop valve, etc would help too. Thanks in advance. Oh yeah, the car has power brakes and we would like to keep that.

CHILI

Edit: I guess I should have posted this in the disk brake forum. Moderators please move.

ProTouring442
11-05-2006, 03:53 AM
I thought I read recently about how s10 spindles are a bolt on affair for first generation Camaros. The search function didn't give me much though. Anyway, I'm trying to help a friend do a disk brake conversion on a '67 Camaro. I think I read where the S10 spindle/brake setup is an 11" deal which is fine for this car. My friend isn't looking for anything outrageous, just wanting to put disks on his wife's camaro he's putting together. Any other info as far as MC, prop valve, etc would help too. Thanks in advance. Oh yeah, the car has power brakes and we would like to keep that.

CHILI

Edit: I guess I should have posted this in the disk brake forum. Moderators please move.

Dude! You mean you've been on here for a year and I just now noticed? How's the 442 running? Post some pics of that thing, the guys here would like it, I'm sure!

Shiny Side Up!
Bill
'72 442 "Inamorata"
www.FQuick.com/ProTouring442 (http://www.FQuick.com/ProTouring442)

CHILI442
11-07-2006, 05:39 AM
Hey Bill, yeah, I've been here for a while. Don't post too often but read quite a bit. Here's a pic of the ride.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2006/11/Still_Front-1.jpg

BTW, I guess nobody knows the answer to my question.

shep
11-07-2006, 06:16 PM
I may be wrong but I think the s-10 spindle is front steer and the camaro is rear.

eville
11-07-2006, 07:40 PM
A-body spindles for a few years are a direct match. I took 72 Chevelle stuff and it bolted right on. Save the camaro steer arms and use the chevelle spindles, rotors, caliper etc. If you find a donor car in a pic'n'pull you can grab the master and booster if you want. At least you'll have cores.
It's really a cheap and effective upgrade.

hotroddr
11-07-2006, 09:47 PM
^^I did the same. It was about 350 when I did it for the master cylinder, new rotors, calipers, hoses and spindles. You do need to reuse your steering arms. The other thing you can do is mill off a little from your drum brake spindles and slap on the disc stuff to that. Search for posts by david pozzi and click on his website(the link is in his sig). He has all the info you will ever need for swaping parts to a camaro.

Magntik
11-08-2006, 06:40 AM
I put low buck discs on my '67 Bird and my father in laws '69 convert. Bird using the caliper brackets from this site (www.scarebird.com (http://www.scarebird.com))
They come with a decent set of directions and list all the parts needed.
Mostly s10 and s10 blazer stuff.
Uses an adjustable prop valve I got from SSBC.
Nice part is the pads rotors and calipers are plentiful and cheap GM pieces.

They require the drum brake hub machined down to fit inside the rotor, so you keep all your original front end parts.

Steve68
11-10-2006, 12:51 PM
Sweet 442, had a Cutlas S Vert junked it, stupid

Grandfather ordered a Maroon w/white roof 442 in 68, I still got the motor and a couple of other parts,