PDA

View Full Version : insane mustang in optimas booth

lytemup
10-30-2006, 05:18 PM
for those of you at SEMA , Hotrods and restos has a must see 66 mustang in the optima booth. I've seen the car and words cannot explain the level of execution on this car. I dont think there are any finished pics of car out there yet , so if anyone at sema has a chance to post any I'm sure regular members at this site would appreciate it . thanks

awr68
10-30-2006, 07:53 PM
Is this the car that bumped Mark's Camaro X out when they moved to a a 'better' yet smaller booth?

lytemup
10-31-2006, 01:35 AM
awr68 , not sure if any other car was bumped or not. if so ,its not any sign of disrespect to any other fine car. I have to come clean here ,I'm the owner of the car ,project "Rosie" ,so obviously i'm more than a little biased. I own several other "full on " cars including a sema feature car from 2 years ago ( 63 vette) but honestly this car is in a different league. i really hope you get to see some pics soon. and btw it WILL be driven , and hard - the only way to enjoy any auto. ciao

F70t/a
11-02-2006, 09:09 AM
Anyone have pics?

lytemup
11-05-2006, 09:13 PM
David, there are some pics on a couple of posts on this site referring to the "silver and black mustang",aka project "Rosie".the pics dont do justice to the engineering , and overall package. the stance you see is actual ride height.the car is all about function. overdriven 6 speed ,over1000 hp (pump gas) ,irs, traction control , full belly pan (nothing and i mean nothing dangling) .to have all these attributes and to have everything tucked up inside car required quite a feat and too many "never done" before items to mention. and not just " never done" for the sake of "never done" , but for the purpose of making a car that looks like it could go 200 mph actually go 200 mph ( we will not rest 'till we accomplish this).the car is all about airflow management, speed but also driveability. hopefully there will be some website updates soon. thx for your interest.

F70t/a
11-07-2006, 10:52 AM
:spank2: Can't wait man!!! That is the Sickest stang I have seen in a long time. Love the whole car

Rybar
11-07-2006, 11:19 AM
Some pics in this post: http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=6559

It's the 3rd out 4 cars in Steve's post.

Lytemup, I'm local to you and can't wait to see Rosie. I've seen your vette and it's amazing too.

lytemup
11-11-2006, 12:13 AM
rybar thx for the compliments. i love the vette and the caddy , but the mustang is really another level. your camaro is nothing to sneeze at either, beautiful car. cool to see some local machines of your rides quality. people down south dont understand just how good some of the local talent is . some of these mags should run a feature on some of the local guys like hotrods , killer, etc. the quality and innovation is second to none. hope to see ya around next spring, summer

Rybar
11-11-2006, 12:36 PM
rybar thx for the compliments. i love the vette and the caddy , but the mustang is really another level. your camaro is nothing to sneeze at either, beautiful car. cool to see some local machines of your rides quality. people down south dont understand just how good some of the local talent is . some of these mags should run a feature on some of the local guys like hotrods , killer, etc. the quality and innovation is second to none. hope to see ya around next spring, summer

Sounds good, I know Rosie is on another level, definately the top-notch car around here. I've also told Steve Rupp to come up here, PHR would have lots of great cars to shoot.

PM me what shows are you planning on attending next year. It would be cool to meet up with you guys.