PDA

View Full Version : Need aluminum radiator info for 68 camaro

tumper93
10-29-2006, 10:05 AM
I am trying to decide whether to buy a Fluidyne or SRS radiator and install my mark VIII fan on it or to just buy the Ron Davis radiator with the two fan setup. I see that RD has the measurement for the radiator and fan thickness on their website so.....does anybody know what the thickness of an aluminum radiator with the M8 fan is and will it work with a long water pump?? If someone with this setup could measure the thickness of their core and then the thickness of the setup as a whole I would be very greatful. I can get the fluidyne radiator (which is polished) for around $600, but the RD is $900+. That $300 could be used for other things if I can run the other radiator. The fluidyne has 3-1" tubes and is 3 1/4" thick. I have read most of the posts on here about radiators and the other alternative is ordering one from SRS and having the mounts installed for the mark 8 before I ever get the raiator. If you guys have any pictures of your setups I would love to see them. Thanks

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2006/10/progress-1.gif

porschev8
10-30-2006, 06:48 PM
MK VIII fan is 5.25" thick

http://www.rondavisradiators.com/18fan.jpg

MonzaRacer
10-31-2006, 12:07 AM
The Fluidyne. Those guys make awesome rads. My friend just tagged a ARMCO barrier front on and the rad bent,took dents to tanks and core and no leaks and it 3 yrs old on a daily driver (well till he tagged wall now he is back in Metro)!:camaro:

tumper93
10-31-2006, 07:10 AM
That setup looks great. Can that setup be made to fit a camaro, with me using the fan I currently have? PM me a price for such a thing if possible. That is what I would like to have, especially if I can get it for close to the price of the Fluidyne.

Paul69camaro
11-10-2006, 04:55 PM
I just bought a custom dual pass 1 inch tube, 3 row radiator from fluidyne and it is awesome. I have'nt ran the car yet but the quality of it is great. I also got a set of factory fans from an ls-1 camaro flipped them upside down. With a tad bit of trimming the fans fit like they were made for it.

tumper93
11-10-2006, 06:11 PM
Could you take a picture of the radiator for me so I can see what it actually looks like? Fluidynes website doesn't show a very good picture of it!

Paul69camaro
11-13-2006, 08:43 PM
Keep in mind that Fluidyne made this custom for me. It's a 28X19, 3 row, dual pass, it's not the one they make specifically for the camaros. They recommended this since I'm gonna be adding turbos in the future but they also said that they are trying to get away from making any more custom radiators. Also if you order through Summit racing you'll get a much better deal than ordering direct. I got lucky and had an awesome sales guy at Summit by the name of Hue, who bent over backwards getting me this radiator from Fluidyne. I suggest you call summit and ask for him.

tumper93
11-14-2006, 10:52 AM
Thanks for the pictures....that is a killer looking setup.