PDA

View Full Version : What I've been up to

jeff s
11-15-2004, 06:14 PM
A couple people have asked what i've been doing.
I'm now working on and building cars in a small shop in Crystal Lake IL. Currently working on several things:
1) A wicked G machine Spirit AMX we call "Evil Spirit". 600HP, Wilwoods, 17x9.5's, Full cage, 3 link, Fuel Cell, etc. Paint and major fab is done, doing wiring, detail and assy now. Count on this one entering Car Craft RSE in 05.
2) Installed an updated BBC in Keith Wagners (on the Current Cover of Super Chevy) G Machine 70 Chevelle Friday and Sat. The thing now puts out 737hp and 788 lb ft, absolutely sick.
3) Building a stroked 401 AMC for another Spirit AMX autocross car.
4) Trying to finish Y Gen 3rd Gen, Finished machining the 13.5 x 1 5/16 front rotors, started installing front suspension tonight.
5) Installing a 9" Rearend, brake system, fuel system in a 472 powered 56 cad in a couple weeks.
Check out the updated website:
www.worksstand.com/jeffs.htm
Now that I think of it, I should probably post some of these projects on there.
Thanks
Jeff

camcojb
11-15-2004, 06:36 PM
Very cool projects Jeff. Good luck with your new venture!

Jody

zbugger
11-15-2004, 06:38 PM
Damn, you have been busy. It was great meeting you at the SEMA dinner. If I ever make it to the Chicago area to visit my family, I'll try and look you up. And I really want to see pics of that AMX!!!!

Flynlo416
11-15-2004, 07:44 PM
A couple people have asked what i've been doing.
I'm now working on and building cars in a small shop in Crystal Lake IL. Currently working on several things:
1) A wicked G machine Spirit AMX we call "Evil Spirit". 600HP, Wilwoods, 17x9.5's, Full cage, 3 link, Fuel Cell, etc. Paint and major fab is done, doing wiring, detail and assy now. Count on this one entering Car Craft RSE in 05.
2) Installed an updated BBC in Keith Wagners (on the Current Cover of Super Chevy) G Machine 70 Chevelle Friday and Sat. The thing now puts out 737hp and 788 lb ft, absolutely sick.
3) Building a stroked 401 AMC for another Spirit AMX autocross car.
4) Trying to finish Y Gen 3rd Gen, Finished machining the 13.5 x 1 5/16 front rotors, started installing front suspension tonight.
5) Installing a 9" Rearend, brake system, fuel system in a 472 powered 56 cad in a couple weeks.
Check out the updated website:
www.worksstand.com/jeffs.htm
Now that I think of it, I should probably post some of these projects on there.
Thanks
Jeff
Pretty cool projects. Crystal Lake isn.t that far from me maybe we could meet up and grab a brew sometime.

MoeBawlz
11-15-2004, 07:50 PM
Yah im from Palatine and have family up there... do you go to the show in crystal lake over the summers???

Ive been there a few times and thats a HUGE show, lots of fun.

Ralph LoGrasso
11-15-2004, 07:51 PM
Good luck, Jeff!! Those sound like some awesome cars!

Streetking
11-15-2004, 07:59 PM
That's all?? :seizure:

I was great meeting you at the dinner..

SW

StRacerDuke
11-16-2004, 03:13 AM
Jeff,

Being that your one of the only people around here with an aftermarket supercar I was wondering what your thoughts were about Factory 5's new production supercar they are working on? Do you think it will be comprable to the GTR?

Steve Chryssos
11-16-2004, 08:20 AM
Jeff,
Good luck with the biz. I'm sure you'll do great considering your ability to attract magazine exposure. Evil Spirit huh? Be sure to post pix if you can.

parsonsj
11-16-2004, 08:46 AM
Jeff,

Good to hear about all your projects. I'm betting they will all turn out just as you envision. Got any pics?

jp

CAMAROBOY69
11-16-2004, 09:57 AM
Good luck Jeff. It was nice meeting you this year in Chicago on the Power tour. :cool:

blazer4corners
11-16-2004, 12:08 PM
Yea, I got a buddy whos got a Amx. I just spent 700 miles on the road last Saturday swapping his white one with his dads restored red one.It was a long day.He wants big brakes on it so some info on the brake setup would be really nice of you.Nice projects by the way .I always did think that caddy of yours was a killer piece of work.