PDA

View Full Version : Auto to Manual

Nova73Hatchback
11-15-2004, 03:11 PM
Hey everyone. As my nova isnt really a pro-touring but if been on this board sometime. Its more a street/strip car but im toying the idea of a pro-touring set up on my next project. But its a 73 nova, with a TH-350. What would i need to convert to a 4-gear? I need to know everything...I know tranny, bell housin, clutch, pedals..thats about it. So any information on the parts i need and places i can find them would be great.

Thanks,
Sean

Texas Hotrod
11-20-2004, 05:49 PM
I have friends and friends of friends that have parts and pieces for sale. What engine is it? I can locate a flywheel/bell housing from one dude and possibly a tranny from someone else. I have used mechanical and hydraulic clutches, I like the feel and no hassle of hydraulic. Hays makes a good/inexpensive ceramic clutch that holds up great (and works well).
Installing the clutch/trans is a snap. The modding of the pedal, crossmember and drive shaft length will be the hard parts.
What shifter will you use? I have a Hurst Verti-gate that I plan to use. Looks like the coolest shifter ever made.

Good luck. Message me if you need any parts.