PDA

View Full Version : Ls1 T-56 swap...

68RallySport
11-15-2004, 10:14 AM
I am starting to get everything togther. I am going with tito's kit at ATS. I wanted to go the cheap route with re-using my z-bar mechnical cluctch but my muncie bellhousing now has a gapping wound in it and i think that plan is no longer possible(plus if a starter gear can make it through the floor pan i can only imagine a exploding clutch! I think i like the use of my legs)

Basically i need part numbers for things i need to complete the swap. Should i use Mcleod or Lakewood bellhousing? Any part numbers? Which clutch should i use?

Your time is always apreciated!,

David

dgumoe
11-15-2004, 07:26 PM
i called lakewood today because i too want to put a t-56 in my car. they tell me they dont make a bellhousing that will accept a t56. which i find to be completly ridiculous considering all the f-bodies running around. best i can tell, mcleod makes one but its not blow proof like a lakewood would be if they made the damn thing. personally i want to know what all these guys are using that are swapping 6 speeds into their vehicles. my biggest gripe is i dont want to use mechanical linkages because i have header issues as it is. so a hydraulic setup is the way to go for me. anyone else have any ideas???

68RallySport
11-16-2004, 10:30 AM
Hmmmmmm thats odd. One will take my legs out if the clutch blows and the other doesnt fit! Seriously what are they thinking? Why would i buy a Mcleod if its just as incapable of containing a clutch as the aluminum stock bellhousing.
What Material is Mcleod making there bellhousings out of?

dgumoe
11-16-2004, 11:32 AM
actually im assuming the mcleod is not blowproof like a lakewood. and only because there isnt any information provided thats says they are. so i dunno, maybe they are.

dgumoe
11-16-2004, 11:37 AM
previous statement retracted. the bellhousings are sfi 6-1 approved and i believe that includes explosion proof so you wouldnt need an additional flywheel shield.

68RallySport
11-22-2004, 12:32 PM
Ttt