PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to SEMA and where are you staying?

MickMc
10-25-2006, 07:58 AM
How about a roll call of who is going to SEMA?
Where are you staying?

Maybe we can put together a place where we can gather and hang out, talk projects have a few beers.

We could designate a bar as the gathering point for everyone (not the Crazy Horse Too). There is alot going on this year with dinners and Halloween, but a central gathering place would be nice to garb a cold one and shoot the breeze about projects. Meet new friends, put a face with forum name, share ideas, and try to forget about the to many signed posters I dragged back to the hotel and how was I going to get them on the plane without destroying them. (That girl must like me, she wrote XXOO and signed her name)

A central located bar is my choice, but every hotel has a bar so lets here some suggestions.
I'm not going to hang out in my hotel room after dinner, this is 'Lost Wages' and I am surrounded by cool cars and some of the best builders in the world. I want to shake hands and meet as many people as I can. After walking all day I am usually beat, but this year I have a new camera and this is the best Gathering of the year so I'm living on the edge, I'll sleep later.

Mick McMahan

hotrod
10-25-2006, 10:47 AM
I'm up for that. Actually the Greek Isle's, being close to the show, wouldn't be a bad place. (just a thought) How big is their bar, Larry?

zbugger
10-25-2006, 11:50 AM
I'm guessing you missed this post?

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23257

MickMc
10-25-2006, 08:15 PM
Allen
I saw that post on where everyone was staying, but how about a get together spot. A common place to show up any time and know that some of your post buddies could show up at any time also.
I thought a bar close to everyone (or at least a common spot) might be perfect. Other wise we can all say, we say each other once at dinner and mabe to some people thats enough.
I think it would be cool to share a few beers in person, after all we all are in the same town at the same time.
If no one is interested I'll be at Crazy Horse Too, I don't have one of this quality in my town either.

Mick McMahan

Bigblue73
10-25-2006, 08:30 PM
Someone pick a Place and lets go for it.....I'm at the Sahara....Name the place.

Tony

MickMc
10-25-2006, 10:46 PM
I am thinking of places (bars) that we hang out out.
Hilton will be packed.
Rivera always has loud music
Stardust I can't think of the name
Circus Circus Kids and more kids

Greek Isles would be great for Larry and Me how about everyone else?

Any other ideas for places... ESPN Bar is cool too...Mandalay has a Shi Shi bar...
Best Western Mari Gras, only if Craig Morrison shows up ( maybe he shouldn't that way I won't be tempted to order a new chassie for the Chevelle)
Harrahs is near but I can't remember the bar...

Mick McMahan

SicMonte
10-29-2006, 05:41 PM
well guys....im leaving for vegas at 7am tomorrow. I hope to see you all out there. Someone give me a call when a "hang out" is designated. my cell is 301-928-6861. Mark from SC&C and I are staying at the same hotel (excalibur)...so we will be hanging out somewhat...I want to meet up with you all at some point.

Larry Callahan
10-29-2006, 05:51 PM
I'm up for that. Actually the Greek Isle's, being close to the show, wouldn't be a bad place. (just a thought) How big is their bar, Larry?

The bar is small and the lounge singers are comical. I don't think I'll be able to get away anywhere else with getting set up e.t.c.

My cell is (eight oh five) 4 too 7 - zero 7 for sixx if you find yourself near the Greek. It's right across the street from the large parking lot across the street from the convention center. Watch for us in lights on the big Greek Isle electric message sign out front. We are in lights in Vegas baby!!!

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

TonyL
10-29-2006, 06:05 PM
I'm staying at the Riviera, (the block east of the Greek Isles) it's all walking distance for me!

Larry Callahan
10-29-2006, 06:09 PM
One of the things I like about the Greek. No cab rides or rental car needed.

SicMonte
10-29-2006, 06:18 PM
cool man...i will hit up your sell when im ther. what nights are you all free??

vintageracer
10-29-2006, 06:55 PM
Lets party at the Palm's!!!! Thursday is Jenny McCarthy's birthday (TV host of Party at the Palm's) so maybe she and Ace Ventura are also partying at the Palm's. Looks to me like the bars got LOT'S of legs and silicon so I'm in!

What do you think?

SicMonte
10-29-2006, 07:08 PM
im actually going to the plams tomorrow...I have to go to the Hart & Huntington tatoo parlor to get some work done. Its first come first serve...so I want to get there earlly. If i cant get an appointment I still have to buy my g/f some stuff from there....heheheh ...she wants a H&H thong....oh yeah.

MickMc
10-29-2006, 08:25 PM
Larry (at the Greek Islses) and Tony (at the Riviera) and SicMonte

Tuesday night at the Greek Isles bar. OR ? Larry won't be in town yet so this bar is subject to change
I'm at the dive accross the street (Larry if you need any help setting up call me five zero five 2 six three 89 zero zero.

Wednesday night (after dinner) Riviera bar (which one?) maybe we should stick around the Greek Isles bar after the dinner.

Thursday night Party at the Palms.

If any one has other ideas or preferences speak up or offer up and alternative. Some place Larry and I could walk to or an easy cab ride (I have walked the entire strip so I don't care where just as long as company is good.)

Mick McMahan

SicMonte
10-29-2006, 08:29 PM
im down for that. i should have computer access in my hotel...i better have it! so i will check in this thread when i get out there!!

till next time.....

TonyL
10-29-2006, 09:16 PM
We're not going to get there till thursday morning :( but thanks anyway.

A note about Hart and Hunnington, Get there 3 hours before they open. camp out. My brother and I didnt, we showed up 2 hours early and their was a waiting list 6 hours long already.

Larry Callahan
10-29-2006, 09:24 PM
I don't arrive until Wed morning about 8 a.m. I wish I could get away from work longer. Some year I'll make it the entire week.

vintageracer
10-30-2006, 05:18 AM
Stratosphere. At figures since I'm a real airhead!

Arrive on Wednesday at noon. I have to do Holloween with the kids!!!!

Marcus SC&C
10-30-2006, 09:30 AM
As SicMonte said I`ll be staying at Excalibur. He can let me know when there`s a get together. I have a couple meetings and dinners and such planned and I promised my wife we`d check out the usual attractions but I`ll try to make time one way or another,especially since I`m gonna miss the dinner :( ). Mark SC&C

hotrod
10-30-2006, 09:55 AM
Well, how about the Greek Isles on Wednesday night. Sounds like several are showing up on Wednesday.

MickMc
10-30-2006, 05:29 PM
I land in Lost Wages at 7:40 am Tuesday so here is what I propose for watering holes.

Tuesday night Flamingo Hotel. I don't know the name of the bar but Flamingo seems like a good choice for everybody at that end of the strip and should be walking distance for any one at the north end.

The night should be a scream since it is Halloween. The Ghost Bar at the Palms should be THE place to be. I went to school with the Maloofs and I am don't think I have a chance of getting into the Ghost Bar. I bet its going to take a monster high roller to get into that club on Halloween night.

Wednesday night (after dinner) how about hanging out at the Greek Ilses bar. Just a short walk from dinner.

Thursday night Party at the Palms. If Jenny and Ace are any where near it should be a blast. (to bad last time I was there the girls looked down their noses at amost everyone but the super super stars) Fun no matter what.

Friday night "da-plane, da-plane, places everyone".

Mick McMahan