PDA

View Full Version : Need great body shop in CA, NV or AZ

TitoJones
11-13-2004, 06:37 PM
Guys,
The guy I contacted to do a wide body to my 68 Camaro has let his shop lease lapse, and will need to push my car back at least 2 months. I cannot wait that long, and need to find a shop in the surrounding states of Nevada to do a front and rear wide body on my car.
The shop must be very good at custom metal work, be timely, and have references of previous customers for contact.
If any of you know of a shop like this, let me know asap, as I am on a tight schedule.
Tyler

zbugger
11-13-2004, 09:21 PM
Didn't the guys at Banks Performance do something like that to their Camaro project car? Maybe they could help you out with a little contact info.

MuscleRodz
11-13-2004, 09:40 PM
I don't think you could beat Marcel's for sheetmetal fabrication in CA I wouldn't think.

Mike

TitoJones
11-13-2004, 10:33 PM
Allen-
Banks is who gave me info on the guy that needs to push it back a bit. He built the Snyper and the Chicayne.
Mike- got any contact info on Marcel's?
Tyler

MuscleRodz
11-14-2004, 10:36 AM
I have not found a web site yet, but I did find a phone number through yellow page search under auto customizing. If you don't know, he is the one that makes Coddington look good with his one off cars.

Marcel Delay
Marcel's
1621 Commerce St
Corona CA
951-371-2290

socalfandabodys
11-14-2004, 06:22 PM
The best I have seen in a while is definetly marcels

B Schein
11-14-2004, 06:56 PM
I know you don’t what to here it but just narrow the dame track and you wont need all these elaborate body mods. I am sure that the geometry can be dealt with it will probably be cheaper and less labor intensive than widening the body. You have already molested that pore car enough leave it with some sense of dignity. Put down the air tools and leave the body alone.

Brian

ProdigyCustoms
11-14-2004, 07:06 PM
I am curious to know what Marcels quotes you to do the body. I am betting you will still be looking for a shop after their quote, or a loan, LOL!

MuscleRodz
11-14-2004, 07:23 PM
He said great body shop, so I didn't consider the cost factor which I know will not be cheap. :scared:

Mike

TitoJones
11-14-2004, 08:21 PM
Brian-

The frame is built around the track width. I'd have to fabricate new cradles, relocate both front and rear frame rails, and get new half-shafts for the rear. I think stretching the rear by 2" is much easier than re-doing the frame work.
If cost was even a thought, I would have said so. I know this isn't going to be cheap, so I'm all ready to spend the $$ to have it done right.
Bobby quoted me at 200 hours for just the rear, so I know we are talking 5 figures right from the get go.
Tyler

DCx
11-16-2004, 01:17 PM
tyler, the guy who installed the quarter panels on my 69 and did most of the metal fab on it restores and races sun beam tigers and other rare trans am cars. he has done many shelby mustangs that have crashed and a few other expensive cars. I can hook you up with his number when I get home (Im at school right now) he is located in San Bernardino CA (my home town) if you are interested let me know. I am going to use him in the future for my 6 point roll bar.

TitoJones
11-16-2004, 06:37 PM
That would be great.

I contacted Marcel, who referred me to Moal, who referred me to Covell, who refered me to Steve's Auto Restoration ('55 NewMad) who is interested in late Feb. I think I'll wait until Walden is ready for me, and do other fab work in the mean time. Still looking around though, if you guys have any others.
Tyler

Mkelcy
11-17-2004, 07:10 AM
He's referring to:

Dale's Restoration
1482 S Gage St
San Bernardino, CA 92408-2834
Phone: (909) 799-2099

http://www.dalesresto.com/

Rodaro
11-17-2004, 12:54 PM
A friend of mine Dan Pardini has widened an original race Shelby quarters and fenders. He also was able to widen a new Mercedes convertible for a customer. His attention to detail is incredible. (650) 365-4549.

MoeBawlz
11-18-2004, 08:20 PM
Brian-

The frame is built around the track width. I'd have to fabricate new cradles, relocate both front and rear frame rails, and get new half-shafts for the rear. I think stretching the rear by 2" is much easier than re-doing the frame work.
If cost was even a thought, I would have said so. I know this isn't going to be cheap, so I'm all ready to spend the $$ to have it done right.
Bobby quoted me at 200 hours for just the rear, so I know we are talking 5 figures right from the get go.
Tyler

By widening the rear are you talking about taking the fenders and quarters to the english wheel? or what here? because I was considering something like that but if its going to cost 5 figures plus... i may have to reconsider...

JamesJ
11-18-2004, 09:19 PM
You can call www.so-calspeedshop.com and ask them if they have the time. They have done plenty of unique things on top of all the tradition $200,000 hot rods that they do.