PDA

View Full Version : Gauges

protour_chevelle
11-13-2004, 04:19 PM
What gauges and how much have you spent on them?

I'm pricing out some Japanese Gauges(supposed to be high end and VERY accurate) right now. For a tach, digital speedo, water temp, oil temp, oil pressure, and control module I'm sitting at 1500US.

I have to talk to Speartech to see if they can get my harness to work with these gauges. If not it looks like I'm going with Autometers :hand:

-Matt

Zefhix
11-13-2004, 05:53 PM
What gauges and how much have you spent on them?

I'm pricing out some Japanese Gauges(supposed to be high end and VERY accurate) right now. For a tach, digital speedo, water temp, oil temp, oil pressure, and control module I'm sitting at 1500US.

I have to talk to Speartech to see if they can get my harness to work with these gauges. If not it looks like I'm going with Autometers :hand:

-Matt

This is by far one of the only stumbling blocks we can't decide on in our Chevelle. We're leaning more toward's a street rod kit from Dakota Digital with a Covan's insert but with this car you never know what will come out ;)
I also like the Autometer Nexus gauges buuuttt they only offer a few and a tach and speedo ain't one of them. Also, there is DEFI which has a set that has a HUD display and is uber pimp but alas, no speedo.........damnit. :(

68ls1
11-29-2004, 11:16 AM
1500 for gauges???? Dammit boy, thats hardcore. Matt, you saw all the gauges I got from Autometer for less than half that. They are all electrical/digital as well. Granted they are only the Ultralite, not the top end, but 1500 sounds excessive to me. Money that could be better spent elsewhere. My .02

Chill, Noel.

Matt@RFR
11-29-2004, 11:51 AM
Kieth, as long as you have a tach, you legally don't need a speedometer (in kalifornia). Just for your info.

Zefhix
11-29-2004, 06:14 PM
Aww...takes the fun out of of arguing with the officer exactly what speed I was going.....

Officer: "Soooo...who's fire you putting ot tonight"?
Me: "uhh...no one's, sir"
Officer: "Son, do you have ANY idea how fast you were goin'?"
Me: "ahh...about 3700RPMs in 4th gear...sir"?

:moon: