PDA

View Full Version : Finally Got an LS1

ViperBlue68
10-15-2006, 04:00 PM
picked up an Ls1 and 4l60 for the 68...came with a BUNCH of extra crap...a/c stuff,consoles,brake boosters,NUMEROUS LSx install books and what appears to be a manifest of info in three large binders showing pics and different info on swaps etc.,and other stuff I havent even went thru yet...looks to have a S&P billet pulleys,alt.and a/c bracket kit...along with S&P motor mounts...heres the story behind it from the seller I bought the car from one of those car donation places...The guy said the owner who had started installing everything in a 72 chevelle Wagon had passed away and his wife donated it to them...how do I verify what year this motor is??I was told its a 2001 Corvette Motor...but the ecu #s say its a 2002 ecu...there is only one fuel line so that means it is a 99 or newer...also will this oil pan work for my 68 Camaro install?

trapin
10-15-2006, 04:05 PM
J.T....great news! Let's keep in touch since we're doing similar packages. I've already been calling around to shops for advice. I learned a lot from them, as well as LS1Tech and Tony Whatley. As far as I know, the oil pan has to either be modified or replaced. It will not fit in the car if your using a traditional power steering box with drag link.

ViperBlue68
10-15-2006, 04:20 PM
Tony,
definatley...I've been lookin at your posts we seem to be headed in pretty much the same direction with our plans and goal as far as power...I HAVE to have a big rumpety cam in this thing too...I've been lookin too do this for a while and saw this and was like what the hell...the car came with all the original delivery documents,protecto plate..etc..its not in too bad a shape has some rust on the lower fenders and some rot in the rear floor pan has a 10 footer what seems to be very similar too my Camaro paint scheme...front end is all new with disc brakes..just need to find someone who wants a 72 wagon roller project CHEAP! soon as I yank the motor and trans and go through evrything...you need a center console? it came with 2 newer f body ones....

1970cuda
10-15-2006, 04:27 PM
define cheap. i could use another wagon

ViperBlue68
10-15-2006, 04:41 PM
I dunno my cheap might be someone elses expensive...but I'd say some wheres in the $1,500-$1,900 range...having the new front end (suspension),disc brakes,newer seats,new carpet kit,perfect dash,original a/c car and a bunch of stuff in the boxes still... that seems about in line I've seen ALOT worse for alot more...not too mention all the original paperwork...OPEN TOO OFFERS......I WILL NOT BE OFFENDED in anyway believe me...

JJSmitches
10-15-2006, 04:57 PM
I saw that for sale on craigslist and thought about posting it here in case someone was looking for an ls1 and or wagon. Glad to see someone else saw the add and took advantage of it.

Steve68
10-16-2006, 06:20 AM
Too bad your in CA, I'd love the wagon, pack it full of the kids and boards

gEtyOpAPiOn
10-16-2006, 07:33 AM
well 01-02 motors are basicly the same ...241 heads ls6 intake ....see if the rear coolant lines are blocked off to confirm

nitrorocket
10-16-2006, 05:43 PM
Look at the 3 digit casting # on the head. Also look for a vent tube coming out the front of the intake valley cover. The "ls6 valley cover would be on this motor if it is a 2001+. Also, measire the damper with and diameter. They are different on the vette.

1970cuda
10-16-2006, 06:36 PM
is it a third row seat wagon? send me some pics
[email protected]

ViperBlue68
10-16-2006, 09:04 PM
Nitro:Thanks it does have the 241 casted heads...so it must be a 2001 +....but I did not understand what you meant about the vent tube on the valley cover??

1970Cuda: it is not a 3rd seat wagon...i think? i mean it doesnt have one in there...could easily fit one...I'll look at the paperwork and see if it mentions anything about a 3rd seat...I'll e-mail you some pics I have...not the greatest pics but i will take more and of any areas you ask...

mdprovee
10-17-2006, 06:26 AM
Congrats J.T., very nice find.

Damn True
10-17-2006, 06:03 PM
Where'd ya find it? They are tough to come by in the Bay

ViperBlue68
10-17-2006, 07:03 PM
Car Donation place in Santa Clara....saw an ad on craigslist called it and talked too the guy and he told me the story of the guy who was building the chevelle wagon with an LS1 and etc. etc.and how he passed and his wife donated the car...figured I'd buy it yank the LS1/4l60e and sell the Chevelle Wagon...has alot of parts in it...some still in boxes...will try to inventory this weekend..just been busy with my newborn son....